Who's put 6.5"s in the doors. Let's see some pics

@ WENDY & BAND-AID!!!!!!! THOSE UPPER REAR PANELS ARE EXCATLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WITH WHAT I SAID ABOUT USING THOSE REAR PANELS TO HOUSE SPEAKERS!!!!
Okay but the only thing is, I want to do a mid-bass driver (one part of a component set) and have one small driver sitting flush; perferably behind some sort of cotton; mesh screen of course for sound to come out and for stealth.

@BAND AID (or anyone else for that matter) I haven't taken my rear panel down at all. Is there enough room to sit a component set, dynamat and it still sounds "warm enough" for a decent sound??

@ WENDY & BAND-AID!!!!!!! THOSE UPPER REAR PANELS ARE EXCATLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WITH WHAT I SAID ABOUT USING THOSE REAR PANELS TO HOUSE SPEAKERS!!!!

I hope you do a more tasteful job than whats shown there. Those actually hurts my eyes.

Your eyes??

When I got to the image, my computer put a virus to it's head and threaten to hit 'enter'...smh. If I have to do the panels myself I REFUSE to have them look like that garbage. Heck, I have a Regal and should look for myself...I'm so lazy. I shouldn't procras (yawn, nail bite, foot scratch) tinate so much.

i guess i'm just lower class,:rolleyes::rolleyes:I like the rear upper panels except they are not square and made a bit lopsided,,but i like they way they blended the speakers,curves are smooth....i assume the room is not there(ok may 1.5 inches,guessing) thats probably why they angled the for lack of room...

Holla-not my favorite
audobahn.jpg

it's fine to put mid-bass drivers behind your head, just never put tweeters behind your head unless you are doing a full time-aligned surround-sound system calibrated for the car. And even then, I still prefer the way a proper
audiophile setup sounds.

midbass in the doors is fine. nice set of 3-4 in mids in dash (little fab work needed) and some tweeters in the pillars can work well. All stock location. I prefer kicks in these cars but to get midbass in a kick its going to have to have a large enclosure or breath IB. If you use the Qforms, please strengthen them because they are flimsy BS. Tiger-Hair on the back or a bunch of modeling clay could work...just put some painters tape or something on your carpet before you go the clay route.

midbass in the doors is fine. nice set of 3-4 in mids in dash (little fab work needed) and some tweeters in the pillars can work well. All stock location. I prefer kicks in these cars but to get midbass in a kick its going to have to have a large enclosure or breath IB. If you use the Qforms, please strengthen them because they are flimsy BS. Tiger-Hair on the back or a bunch of modeling clay could work...just put some painters tape or something on your carpet before you go the clay route.

You know what? Back when I first got my GN (13 years ago) I had 5 1/4" Infinity mids in the doors, Kicker 3.5" in the dash, and some Infinity tweeters on the bottom of the pillars and it sounded really good. I guess I could have gone back to that config, but my thinking was that I must have been easily impressed at the time. I was thinking that at this point I already have Q forms, so I'll go forward with that route. I will strengthen then and install my CDT 6.5" and tweets. I will play with their imaging tweeters in the pillars & dash just for fun.

Love the horns under the dash. it reminds me of the Speakerworks Buick GN.
Mike we need to talk, stop by the Karate School when you have time. The Kick panels are the way to go.

Wil.

Love the horns under the dash. it reminds me of the Speakerworks Buick GN.
Mike we need to talk, stop by the Karate School when you have time. The Kick panels are the way to go.

Wil.

Thanks.. that was my motivation.
However I'm not sure if the stop by the dojo comment was directed at me?

Kicks are great, but you are talking a MAJOR amount of work unless you use q-forms, and I'm not sure the forms will produce the results in this car that horns will from an imagine/staging standpoint.

Thanks.. that was my motivation.
However I'm not sure if the stop by the dojo comment was directed at me?

Kicks are great, but you are talking a MAJOR amount of work unless you use q-forms, and I'm not sure the forms will produce the results in this car that horns will from an imagine/staging standpoint.

Sorry the Dojo comment was for BuickMike.
Are these the only components you have up front or is there some mid bass driver also?

I do have a set of Q forms. I'm thinking to beef them up and use my CDT's. I just bought a set of used Focal Polykevlar 5.25 components (136k) and was considering them for the doors, but I put them in my CRX instead. These speakers are nice, but the free CDT coaxial 6.5's I got with my component purchase are pretty damn impressive. I put them in the rear of the CRX and they overwhelm the Focals. I will drop by the school on Thursday most likely.

i just bought the gbodyparts lower single speaker door panels..i have to buy speakers but im looking to see what other people who have them have installed.

So would Dynamating a speaker enclosure make the speaker respond too rigid so to speak? Does a small speaker have to have more of an "open air"; soft enclosure type to respond correctly?
For instance, I saw some little speaker pods for 3-6.5's on a site and thought how neat it would be to wrap them in dynamat. Well, wouldn't that give the speaker a difference more sort of hard response due to the tightness of the airspace?? (Especially if it's a small enclosure)

For those of you who used the Q Form Kick Panels, how did you clear your E Brake Pedal? I was certain the Q Forms were the answer to my speaker placements but backed off regarding the E Brake issue.