Who's interested in having the West Coast Nationals in Vegas, again?

Would you attend WCN in Vegas?

• Yes, if in October

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • Yes, if in November

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Probably, just depends on vacation time, gas, etc.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

granatl

TRCM Author
During Bowling Green (and beyond), several have asked me about having the West Coast Nationals in Vegas again this fall. I'm trying to gauge the interest so please fill out the poll accordingly.

Some things to know before you vote:
(A) Given that it's basically June already, I don't think it will be as formalized as previous years. Likely, we'll have a couple of gambler's cash races and winner takes all.
(B) We will have to see about sharing the track -- we cannot afford to rent it, and LVMS already has their schedule set for the year. Likely, we'd pursue sharing probably in October or November.
(C) Think about other cars (non-Buick) that you would welcome. This might influence the date we pick or might influence the turnout (i.e. the cash amount), etc.

Feel free to reply to this post or to e-mail me directly.

Would love to see it in Vegas again! :)

I voted probably, the only hold back I would have is if it falls to close to SEMA. (Work).. but either month (Oct or November) I would be there. I usually bring with 4-6 spectators as well.

This would be the first year I "might" have a car ready too! (WOO HOO) :)

I would also be willing to do what I can for raffle prizes etc.

Thx!!

It would be great to have Races in LV as well as AZ. Both are great tracks maybe Just add Vegas to the existing race schedule but have it in Oct.. :)

We can invite the Ford Mustangs to help out on the track rental cost. ;)

I'm down for Vegas...

Just NOT on Thanksgiving weekend.:rolleyes:

Vegas was the most fun ever. Had a blast and look forward to being there again.

Definitely a "YES".!

Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

Voted yes for October

Oct. would be best but not during World of Speed at Bonneville Salt Flats On Oct. 7 to 11.

Dennis Nelson
Salt Lake City
TTA and GN

I'm down for anything. How much does a track rental cost? It would be cool to do something similar to what their doing at Fontana. Invite all comers to offset the cost. Online sign up, etc.

Bring it back to Vegas!!! It's a LOT easier to convince my fellow "east coasters" to come visit LV.

WCN in Vegas

Jack,

Racing in Vegas again would be great! I agree with the others above not at Thanksgiving time.

Neal

just so everyone knows. I would like it in Vegas and do not care when it is i will be there.

We will probably stay at the track to watch the cars also.

Im voting NOV.
As i will already be in FL for the last 2 weeks of october,Unless its the first week in oct.
As much fun as AZ is,Its not comparison to Vegas

Jack mentioned that after looking at the schedual Las Vegas Motor Speedway | Schedules | Strip Schedule

Oct 3,4th looks like the only weekend. how does this look?

I would "assume" the above dates would be for Friday night and Saturday day?

On Saturday they show Jr. dragsters and another club scheduled for the daytime. Will this still give us ample track time? On Friday night, I again "assume" we will just blend in with the crowd.:)

Just my comment, but I am not interested in spending ~$1000 to tow there for 2 runs each day.:rolleyes:

Personally am not even going to plan for it unless our event is shown on their track schedule. Last WCN event there I was told "we are not on their schedule".:mad:

Vegas would be great!

However, if it's not in Vegas this year, will it be at Speedworld (Suprise, AZ) again?

I'd like to attend either way.... :)