Who's in/near Vegas?

DCVING 6

I got a job offer in Vegas and am thinking of moving. If it happens I will probably get an apartment for a month or two while I learn the area then hopefully get a condo or something. Anyone have any suggestions? Any experiences they'd like to share.

FWIW the job would have me working the trade shows at hotels and convention center.

Thanks. :)

Lots of great guys in LV! Len (lv GN), Paul, Scott, and like 5 others who i cannot remember their names. I like Vegas, i'd live there if I could convince myself to leave the mild summers of Phoenix AZ :tongue:

Reaper said:
I like Vegas, their i'd live there if I could convince myself to leave the mild summers of Phoenix AZ :tongue:

I wouldn't mind leaving the Chicago winters. :D

DCVING 6 said:
I wouldn't mind leaving the Chicago winters. :D

what is winter??

really there is a huge TR base there, I have had a few friends move there after school and they all really enjoy it, I have to say its not to much diff. then phoenix, its not much of a change. I mean if you cant gambling and hookers

Thanks Scott, I'll take you up on that pretty soon. Still waiting on more details.

just be ready for the vages HEAT!, :eek: it's like a hair-drier in your face 24-7 at least that's the why it was when i was there 110-degrees at lake mead(?) :eek: 110 :biggrin:

no-nos said:
just be ready for the vages HEAT!, :eek: it's like a hair-drier in your face 24-7 at least that's the why it was when i was there 110-degrees at lake mead(?) :eek: 110 :biggrin:

We've got the humidity really bad here, so even when its only 90* out, we will have a heat index of 100+.

DCVING 6 said:
I got a job offer in Vegas and am thinking of moving. If it happens I will probably get an apartment for a month or two while I learn the area then hopefully get a condo or something. Anyone have any suggestions? Any experiences they'd like to share.

FWIW the job would have me working the trade shows at hotels and convention center.

Thanks. :)

Since you'd be working at the center of the city, you can choose from all sorts of apartments in either Summerlin (to the northwest) or Henderson (to the southeast). A decent one-bedroom apartment should run you about $800/mo. I don't know if they do month-to-month leases though.
I believe condos start at $150,000 now, so you're probably around $200k+ for a decent area.

granatl said:
Since you'd be working at the center of the city, you can choose from all sorts of apartments in either Summerlin (to the northwest) or Henderson (to the southeast). A decent one-bedroom apartment should run you about $800/mo. I don't know if they do month-to-month leases though.
I believe condos start at $150,000 now, so you're probably around $200k+ for a decent area.

I was poking around the web and found some decent looking apartments for 600-800. My girlfriend will be transfering to UNLV to finish up her accounting degree, so something closer to that would be better. It said it was in "northwest las vegas".