Whos Gonna Win

Who will win

• Total voters
********UPDATE*********

So the old guy goes out and puts a cam in..Dynos around 630whp...
So I got my new stage trans in,
9" Art carr converter 2800 Stall
5857 Turbo
RJC DP
at this point my best run was a 12.7 @108 on 15lbs of boost..His was a 12.6 something before the cam with just the supercharger at 581whp.:D
Im now working on getting installed;
80lb injectors
Pwr Logger with 6.1 chip
Champion Intake
Champion Fuel Rails
72mm TB
Ported Iron heads w/ bigger valves +LT1 springs
218/218 Comp cam, double roller[/quote]

Sorry, treachery and old age will overcome youth and exuberance. Expect the vette to show up with drag radials!

Your mods and your only running 12.7? Get some tires turn up the boost...

There is no reason you can't blast off a mid to low 11 second pass.

Read up, tune the hell out the car...run what ya brung and hope ya brought enough :)

Your mods and your only running 12.7? Get some tires turn up the boost...

There is no reason you can't blast off a mid to low 11 second pass.

Read up, tune the hell out the car...run what ya brung and hope ya brought enough :)
No I was running 12.7 on stock heads stock tb stock intake 42lb inkectors 5.7 chip alky and the 5857. I'm in the process of putting on the ported heads, champion fuel rails, champion intake and 72mm tb and the 80lb Injectors with the 6.1 chip. Oh and the stock cam

No I was running 12.7 on stock heads stock tb stock intake 42lb inkectors 5.7 chip alky and the 5857. I'm in the process of putting on the ported heads, champion fuel rails, champion intake and 72mm tb and the 80lb Injectors with the 6.1 chip. Oh and the stock cam

Even with that combo you should hit high 11's on a decent tire.

I had a procharged c-5 Z06 in the 1/8 I trapped 100 & one of the few times a didn't miss a shift manged to run a 7.60 as I remember this was back in 2003. The thing felt fast but was probably giving away a full second in the 1/4 because the car simply wasn't suitable for drag racing & wouldn't hook up on the street. I predict the more power the vette makes the worst you will beat him unless you run him from a 40 MPH roll. There may be some drivers out there that can make it happen I sure wasn't one of them. Now if his car is an auto that may be a different story but the vette suspension still isn't up to the task for drag racing. I now have a ZR1 a very fast car with 10 second power & wouldn't dream of tangling with some of the TR's that have left my shop with built engines especially from a dead stop.

I had a procharged c-5 Z06 in the 1/8 I trapped 100 & one of the few times a didn't miss a shift manged to run a 7.60 as I remember this was back in 2003. The thing felt fast but was probably giving away a full second in the 1/4 because the car simply wasn't suitable for drag racing & wouldn't hook up on the street. I predict the more power the vette makes the worst you will beat him unless you run him from a 40 MPH roll. There may be some drivers out there that can make it happen I sure wasn't one of them. Now if his car is an auto that may be a different story but the vette suspension still isn't up to the task for drag racing. I now have a ZR1 a very fast car with 10 second power & wouldn't dream of tangling with some of the TR's that have left my shop with built engines especially from a dead stop.
Yeah it's 6spd

Yeah it's 6spd
Don't get me wrong here cause I love vettes. Have owned 20 to date they are great cars to go on a Sunday drive on a twisty road or play with some one out on the freeway. If your car is capable of running in the hi 11's which shouldn't be a big problem all hes going to do is miss shifts, burn up clutches spin his wheels and you will hand him his ass . All he has is a good looking dyno queen freeway flyer. I think that it also is a good appetizer for the chicken to deal with.

I know that El Gallo would beat up on the Corvette.........

It's just that we two have very similar cars in many, many ways. (y)

pray the vette doesnt hook up quicker then you think, hell freight train around you.

from a roll youll get pumped.

Looks to me like you should win no problem. You should be able to out drive him from the looks of it. He ran a 12.6o with 581 horsepower:eek:. Do you remember what his mph was at?