Who would you buy a 200-4R from? Poll time . . .

Who would you buy a complete 200-4R from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had an opportunity to spend most of last Saturday with Lonnie and Brian. Everything positive said about Lonnie is absolutely true, very knowledgable and friendly. There was an EA stg3 in the car when I purchased it and was very happy to hear it. Just based on my experience last weekend both he and Brian have a customer for as long as I have a TR.

Regards,
John

well if you got the time to come to NC and learn Richard Clark can help build one hell of a transmission you simply bring the parts..........

I refreshed my trans after 2 hard yrs of racing and tons of street miles. all it really needed was a band..... but i installed new clutches for the heck of it.

trans has been 6.40's in the 1/8 and 10.1X's in the 1/4.

I wish I was close enough to take him up on his generosity ...Maybe someday I will make a move and come to NC. Working on the wife who is up for it as long as I can replace my income...

Bryan

I just installed mine yesterday from EA [Lonnie].

I will put some hard miles on it gauranteed.

If it doesn't blow up under warranty I know I'll never buy from anyone else.

And if it does blow up, I know he will fix it and make it right from all the feedback I've read here on the board, plus talking to him on the phone.:D

That's why I went with Lonnie, unbeatable customer service.:)
Quality of product to be determined by my right foot.:eek:

I feel confident that he will be my only trans builder from here on out.

RZ.

Same here. I went with Lonnie's Stage 2 trans for these exact reasons.

Dave husek built me an awesome trans for an awesome price. I honestly would recommend his work to anybody. Lonnie is great too

Lonnie will get my vote, he takes care of his customers very well, there are several great trans guys for our buicks you can find here, but don't shop the internet or local trans shops or you will regret it, good luck

Had my EA Stage 1 for 2 years. I went 10.26 @ 131 Thursday night.

2125562_300.jpg

Everybody has there favorites when it comes to an engine/trans builder. I purchased a transmission from EA a few years ago... waited, and waited, and waited for it to not show up. I couldnt get ahold of Lonnie as he wouldnt return calls or emails. He finally called me after I made a post on here wondering WTF my transmission was, as my credit card had already been billed but I had no product. Within the hour he called and we agreed a refund would take place, which it did.

I bought a reman 200r4 from a different vendor for less money, and its more transmission than I probably need for street use, but the thing is bulletproof. I had always heard good things on this board about EA, but my experience was not good. Maybe being associated with GBP will change that, because I have had nothing but AWESOME service from that group, and ill be ordering more stuff from again real soon.

Just my .02

well if you got the time to come to NC and learn Richard Clark can help build one hell of a transmission you simply bring the parts..........

I refreshed my trans after 2 hard yrs of racing and tons of street miles. all it really needed was a band..... but i installed new clutches for the heck of it.

trans has been 6.40's in the 1/8 and 10.1X's in the 1/4.

You're right Pat,
200 mile round trip for me to Richard's place, did motor and trans, worth every gallon of gas burned over 9 months of Saturday's.
Learned so much and car is back to life. Better than new. And I know. Original owner.

I had a Janis built trans with a 5 disc lock up that was 5 years old. Had many 9 and 10 sec passes. I was selling it, so I sent it to him to freshen before the sale. He called me to ask why, everything looked good. I told him I was selling it, so put fresh clutches in it. He freshened it for cheap, and it was ready to go. I sold my other full billet Janis 200 to a friend. I had many 9 sec passes and street miles on it, he is going low 11's we were both locking the converter, no issues after 4 years.

David Husek builds a great transmission and is really full of information. He got my basically stock and original GN moving pretty well - sig shows it all and video doesn't lie.