Who would you buy a 200-4R from? Poll time . . .

Who would you buy a complete 200-4R from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thiink someone mentioned this guy earlier. . . Lonnie at Extreme . . . you ever hear of him?

TCI-Trannsmissions,,over 6oo -1/8mile passes and counting.fully automatic..lock it in drive and hold it on the floor.

LONNIE NEEDED A BREAK LIKE THIS .. HE WAS WORKING HIMSELF TO DEATH .. NOW HE MIGHT LAST A LITTLE LONGER .. GOOD FOR ALL OF US .. KUDO'S BRIAN .
I know Lonnie is interviewing for more help as well right now. The ideal thing is to have 3-4 different of each stage tranny's ready to ship at all times. He went & contacted some known Builders trying to hire them Cough Dave cough Husek LOL
He is trying to keep up & ahead with the demand.
I know Lonnie doesn't get on here much but he is looking for qualified help. Any one Interested with experience give us a call & speak with Lonnie.

I did buy a used 200-4R and I know I need to upgrade it. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and it seems there are a handful of reputable guys / companies I can buy kits or even entire transmissions from. If I do decide to buy an entire transmission, who do you recommend? They all sound good, but have varying prices and power ratings.

CK Performance?
Bowtie Overdrives?
Jake's Performance?
The "Real" Art Carr out in Cali?
Performance Transmissions and Parts?

Build: 72 Chevelle, 400 sbc (~375-400 HP, ~400-450 TQ, ~9.4:1 compression), 200-4R, 2400 stall, 3.73 posi.

I've read enough horror stories about Monster to exclude them from the list.

I'm not looking for horror stories or for people to flame vendors - just recommendations.

I would go CK or one of the other sponsors of this board... Not everyone can build a 200-4r. I imagine this has been said in this thread but I have seen thousands and thousands of dollars wasted on these transmissions... We have the best of the best right here on this site for that particular transmission!

Janis transmission, Ohio . Great quality, never had problems, and a little cheaper then extreme Automatics.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Lonnie hands down. I installed his top of the line 200R4 in my Dad's GN and it performs flawlessly, and is consistent every time you pin it. He is a great man, and a trustworthy guy.

Don't mean this ugly but please quit pushing Dave Husek on my site...

BTW, the trans in my daily driver 2500HD was built by Lonnie. All of my race cars have Lonnie's transmissions... I have one or two CK's and a couple from Bruce Tolle whom retired...

Don't mean this ugly but please quit pushing Dave Husek on my site...

Shane with all due respect I hope you guys can work it out....you know he is very knowledgeable and has had a very rough year with all the things that happened to him...I would love to see him get his business going again and come back to the board pending whatever was going on can be resolved between the two of you.

well if you got the time to come to NC and learn Richard Clark can help build one hell of a transmission you simply bring the parts..........

I refreshed my trans after 2 hard yrs of racing and tons of street miles. all it really needed was a band..... but i installed new clutches for the heck of it.

trans has been 6.40's in the 1/8 and 10.1X's in the 1/4.