Who was here for server crash 2001

87NAT

In Between GN's
I never asked and I was just curious about who are some of the guys that were on the boards when it went down. Also when did TB.com start(Year)? Was everything lost? All threads, posts, etc...?

I think I first joined in 1998, Mike Licht started it and owned it at the time. I'm pretty sure everything was toast after it when down, CRS too but I think Bruce owned it at the time.

Before that all I had was the gnttype list serve, which came via email. I would get the "digest" version where everyone that emailed that day was compliled and sent out as one big email. Sounds clunky, but was less drama...

I was here....After the crash I was over on the other board for several years.

I was here (joined around '98 I think). If I remember everything was wiped out. Mike started it all and I *think* was still running it when it happened.

i was also here. you can tell us old timers but the join date. May 2001 is when TB.com came back online

as for the board im almost postive everything was lost.

Just be glad you don't have to see my combined post count.
It is too bad I am sure we lost some posts from the genius which was Bruce. Rip

Wow that is cool BW! I had no idea that was out there:eek:

I keep stuff like that laying around just in case you want to fire me from being a moderator :) I just gave my opinion on what to do, then the guy starts telling me im not Jack Cotton and just a guy on a message board.

You did see i took his PM and threw it in as a quote on the 2 page thread in tech right?

Oh well, i never really got pissed about it, just thought i was trying to help the guy but he was hard headed.

You should see the second pm today:confused:

Hope you enjoyed the last link i showed, google search : way back machine :
and your favorite site, see what it shows.

BW :)

GNTTYPE.ORG
that is the site that started me and the digest mailing list was an awsome group.
This started around 97 or 98 and I had over 500 posts when it crashed

You'll see a lot of members with a join date of May 2001. That actually was a pretty crappy year all around.

Ive been here pretty much since day 1.

I remember the crash. Can't remember what my screen name was, but I do remember logging on continously to see if the site was working (dial up back then). When the site came back, I registered under TURBO 6. Never thought I'd get that screen name.

Whatever happened to "Mr. URL Chad Schwartz"??

I remember the crash, Between the mailing list and the gnttype site and this site I read everything front to back and gaduated from a Carb'ed BB Buick to the FI turbo buicks...I think i printed both sites out and read and read and read...I dont think i slept in the mid late 90's :)
I remember feeling a big void when this site crashed and burned....and i recall a ton of info was lost....

But i think that road has been fixed.....but the old post when everyone was still learning about these cars making them fast and all members trying to learn from the mistakes of the Masters on the board is a piece of history that is crappy that it was lost.