who makes best tq converter

I dont know why this thread is in the tech section.

I know my buddys KDK built stroker motor, putting out gobs of torque went up on a lift trying to figure out where the tranny leak was comming from, low and behold it was spewing out of a bad weld from a real popular TC, I stood there ducking as it sprayed everywhere, Well anyway he was told tough Shet so he wiped his hands clean, took the loss and went with an another.
Also 3 more of them popular ones this year alone that turned out to be bunk TC's and i think they were high dollar ones. only high dollar due to the high mark up IM sure.

Some you win, and Some you lose

This is like asking "Who makes the best Hamburger?" You will only get peoples opinions on what they think the best is and we all know Taste's Vary! What one thinks or says is the Best another thinks it stinks!

"sinister87GN" (as a Shopper),You just have to look closely at what the supporting Vendor's here have to offer and what you get for the money and make your decision on what YOU think is the Best converter for your money and not someone Telling you it's the best! In the end, it is a crummy economy and it's your money!

Good Luck!

Scot W.

Actually it was more like who makes the best street/strip hamburger for around $600? ;)

I think the OP knew that he couldn't get the best converter ever made for that price, even though some of the vendors and race car drivers wanted him to spend the extra dough. :rolleyes:

And I think we all know spending a bit more wouldn't hurt quality wise. :)

PTC doesnt make a multi disk. You are likely referring to a Precision Industries Vigilante.

if you are going to order the vigulantie converter go through full throttle its like 1014 shipped to your door but it takes forever.. i ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and still waiting i guess its a build to order deal and thats great

billet 9x11 lu here I"ll see soon with some real tires but it working good on the street:cool:

Plus 2 on the hub leak at the splines on VERY popular convertor! Buddies convertor did this and did not get much backing from the company! $1,000 convertor.

I like PTC

Just got and installed a PTC 12" from Dusty and it was/is everything he said it would be and a great price! Would buy another!

Actually it was more like who makes the best street/strip hamburger for around $600? ;)

I think the OP knew that he couldn't get the best converter ever made for that price, even though some of the vendors and race car drivers wanted him to spend the extra dough. :rolleyes:

And I think we all know spending a bit more wouldn't hurt quality wise. :)
Spending a bit more doesn't always mean quality gets better! ;)

I dont know why this thread is in the tech section.

I know my buddys KDK built stroker motor, putting out gobs of torque went up on a lift trying to figure out where the tranny leak was comming from, low and behold it was spewing out of a bad weld from a real popular TC, I stood there ducking as it sprayed everywhere, Well anyway he was told tough Shet so he wiped his hands clean, took the loss and went with an another.
Also 3 more of them popular ones this year alone that turned out to be bunk TC's and i think they were high dollar ones. only high dollar due to the high mark up IM sure.

Some you win, and Some you lose

Burn me one, shame on me, burn me twice....... yep, I dumped that big name converter and went with Lonnie's recommendation. Love my Edge converter.