Who likes Chevy Silverado's?

Mike T

I finally found a really nice 06 RCSB. Have wanted this exact truck for a long time now and couldn't be more please with it.

Any of you guys drive one?

I've had many Chevy trucks.

Drive a RAM 2500 Diesel today.

Several friends of mine had the Dodge with a Cummings and they couldn't kill them. The trans was a different story though.

I have an 04' i use for towing the Buick's and parts, one of the best trucks ive owned and i had many.
5.3 ls extended cab short bed.

Bought an 05 new that now has 260,000 and it still has the Original water pump. Trans went out at 200,000 but other than that, just regular stuff.

Don't know where you live but hope you checked all the lines, brake, transmission, fuel, oil cooler, power steering cooler for rot. Some had brake lines going out in 2 years up north with salt. 1,000s complained to NHTSA for it being a safety issue to get GM to fix under warranty but was ruled against. Starters can be a weak point sometimes. Have a 2006 GMC and has been good except for those issues but it only has 73k on it. Never had a vehicle give out on the brake lines and that's with a couple hundred grand on them. Crap materials is the only answer to save a couple bucks. No glove box light or under hood light either like the 400 series. Had a 97 chevey that was very good too. Very comfortable also. Sitting in the new ones feels like you're getting a 2x4 up your *** along with that worthless material on the seats. Remember, a Chevy is a GMC is a Chevy.

Got very lucky on this one, it's super clean. Only thing I could complain about is that it rides a little rough over RR tracks due to the short wheel base.

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_185246797_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190424_185246797_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
Currently have a. 2002 4Dr silverado HD. Love it. Tows all the toys with ease. Its a beast.

I have an 04' i use for towing the Buick's and parts, one of the best trucks ive owned and i had many.
5.3 ls extended cab short bed.

Mine has the 5.3 as well. After going through all of the option codes discovered it has the towing package with posi and 3:73 gears.

They run and drive nice but like already mentioned, stuff starts to rot out and fall apart quickly. They are made out of cheap plastic and recycled junk metal.

I saw both of those coming. didn't want to post them myself, but pretty much true.

I like this set up. Would rather hear a little more about the truck and less music.

I bought and 00 and a 05 both new new. Sold the 00 with 242k miles and going strong but rusty. Only thing I did to it was a fuel pump, alternator, and front wheel bearings. 5.3 is a great motor. No oil leaks and rarely add oil between oil changes with my currrent high mile truck. Still have the 05 guessing in the 240k range. Its rusting but no oil drips and I add about a half quart of oil between oil changes at 4k. Paid cash for it and plan to keep for a couple more years. One of my long time renters is a GM mechanic he tells me the 5.3 had some really bad problems when they first came out with cylinder shut down. Not sure of the years but he said he lack of oiling and on a weekly basis were rebuilding motors or mostly piston replacement. Good luck with your tuck. Its nice looking ride.

Dam you guys do some driving, i got 117k, but it is my second car and not a daily .