Who is your fav. Wrerstler?

Andre the Giant, I saw him when I was a lot younger at the New Haven Coliseum :eek:

Out and over the top rope is always an impressive way to win. :biggrin:

I don't think I'd mind losing to Rena Mero. :)

Best 2 out of 3 ya know... :biggrin:

Did anyone ever watch the old "ECW" out of South Philly :confused:. They had some crazy chit. Sabu, RVD, and New Jack :eek:. That was the best wrestling.

Channel 9 every Saturday! These are going waaaay back.

The "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd
"The World's Strongest Man" Ken Patera
Chief Jay Strongbow
The Blackjacks (Mulligan & Lanza)
Haystacks Calhoun
Bobo Brazil using his famous "Coco Butt"
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Superstar Billy Graham
Killer Kowalski

complete athletes....

I also like Steamboat Snuka and the man him self Macho man Randy Savage...best elbow in the business.

It was great seeing the Macho Man (OHHHHHH YEAHHHHH) in the Spiderman Movie... and Jimmy superfly snuka had to be the craziest SOB in wrestling. Lets not forget the play by play guys---Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse the Body Ventura. Anytime a friend would say something incredible or stupid we would always do our best Jesse imitation and say "Paleeeeeze Gorilla". Man those were the days when wrestling was entertainment, now its just plain stupid. YouTube - The Wrestling Classic 18/21: Randy Savage vs Dynamite Kid wait til u get to the 7 minute mark. and a lil snuka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1tNY5tVG3A

singles: NICK BOCKWINKLE, tag teams: tie between DICK the BRUISER & CRUSHER or THE ROAD WARRIORS. back in 05, i was in atlanta and met ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER @ his food joint, dangerous guy in the ring but a very nice guy when you meet him. i used to see the "GODFATHER" once or twice a week when i delivered his mail.

my favorite wrestler was THE WARLORD

who was also my dad's (THE BARBARIAN) tag team partner:biggrin:. i have met every single wrestler in the world from ANDRE THE GIANT to HULK HOGAN and everyone between:eek:. my dad currently lives in charlotte,nc and lives near many wrestlers (ric flair, beautiful bobby, arn anderson....many more) i was that lucky kid that hung around the locker rooms during wrestlemania, survivor series and royal rumbles.

Did anyone ever watch the old "ECW" out of South Philly . They had some crazy chit. Sabu, RVD, and New Jack That was the best wrestling.

That stuff wasn't rastlin, that was S&M:eek:;) Them boys tortured each other for real, it was all planned but it didn't make the pain fake...

who was also my dad's (THE BARBARIAN) tag team partner i have met every single wrestler in the world from ANDRE THE GIANT to HULK HOGAN and everyone between:eek:. my dad currently lives in charlotte,nc and lives near many wrestlers (ric flair, beautiful bobby, arn anderson....many more) i was that lucky kid that hung around the locker rooms during wrestlemania, survivor series and royal rumbles.

No chit! Your dad is the mofo'n Barbarian:eek::biggrin::cool: Come on turbobuick.com Nationals and bring him, its in NC, and I will give you both VIP passes:biggrin: I would love to meet him!!!

You guys remember Ivan Koloff? He lives here in Greenville and he is nice as can be. We meet him at a little place one night so my son could get a pic and an autograph. He is just as nice as he can be!!!

When I was a kid they had the "NWA" wrestling around here all the time. At least once a month. My dad would always take me. I have seen Ric Flair bleed so many times;) One moment I will never forget was we were going to one at the Rose High School Gym. There was a little convenience store a few blocks away. We stopped on the way in to get my dad some smokes. Well we came out of the store and as we walked out Ivan & Nakitta were getting out of this big ole car in jeans and non buttoned shirts looking mean as heck:eek: I thought the Russians were invading us, I was only like 9:biggrin:

i don't really have a favorite wrestler- but i do remember Randy "the Macho Man" Savage and The Ultimate Warrior pounding the crap out of each other for over an hour one time for a title belt, and Hulk Hogan body slamming (!!!!) Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3 (i think) to win the belt.
i try to watch wrestling from time to time, but in a two hour show, they might only have 10 minutes of wrestling. the rest of the time is wasted with stupid crap.
South Park got it right when they had their wresting episode a couple of months back- it was set in a classical Shakesperean theater and was all worthless and meaningless banter with no physical action at all.

My Bro in Law wrestles here in Arkansas. They have a small promotion in Tuckerman. I have got to meet Jerry "the King" lawler and his boy. Also got to see Jimmy Hart and Buff Bagwell. I miss the old days of wrestling also. I was really impressed with TNA last night Kurt angle and AJ Styles stole the show. Their female wrestlers are way better then WWE's also. I guess when it comes to Wrestling i will never grow tired of it. I wish i could have grown up around these guys man it would have been a blast. The barbarian was way cool. And dont forget Axe and Smash!

my favs... Hogan....JYD.. Koko B Ware...The British Bulldogs..

past: Bruno sammartino

my great uncle was Bruno's best friend... Bruno's parents lives right behind my grandparents in the Oakland neighboor hood of pittsburgh.. good people... there is a broken chair in my Gma's dinning room cause bruno was so big it just broke. my great uncle would tell me stories about when they used to go and do shows in ohio and other places that they'd always have to leave their meal cause the local tough guy would always want to challenge bruno and one time bruno had enough.. guy came at him and bruno put him in a head lock jerked the guys neck and the guy went limp and they left.

my dad currently lives in charlotte,nc and lives near many wrestlers (ric flair, beautiful bobby, arn anderson....many more) i was that lucky kid that hung around the locker rooms during wrestlemania, survivor series and royal rumbles.
my best friend works at a large firestone in charlotte and has worked on both flair's and anderson's vehicals.

Channel 9 with the manual tuned pole mounted rooftop antenna? :eek:

Tuning it from the second floor window, I used to get Lou Albano out of NYC.... well sometimes. :biggrin:

Black and white but he was as funny as anything on TV now. :biggrin:

The Wild Samoans had a ring outdoors they used to train in about a mile from my house here in CT. :p

And the Rock went to our Jr. High here too.

Well after my time though.

Wow, this thread brought back some memories...

Old School: (80's)
Macho Man, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hulk, Junkyead dog, Leapin' Lanny Poffo,
The Brittish Bull Dogs, Rick Rude

Newer:

The Rock, Batista, Big Poppa Pump, John Cena (Of course they're all natural;) ), Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio Jr. (This guy is getting older and still jumping all over the place)

I actually used to like the crippler Chris Benoit but after what he did... well...

Anyway, I forgot a few of the names and found this:

Pro Wrestler's Deaths

Lots of guys are dead that I never even knew died... :frown: