Who has stories of getting out of tickets/being pulled over? lets hear them

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Heres one of mine...
Back when I lived in south Fla around 2003 (we had just moved there). One morning I was going to work in my Buick GN and saw the the head lights of (new at the time) Camaro riding my bumper and the car would back off and then get back on my tail. Im thinking ...I had upgraded the turbo and many other things and the car was much faster than stock.OK buddy you want to run well get ready. So I floor it and break the tires loose then and start pulling away sideways. And then...to my surprise.....Blue lights lit up. It was a highway patrol car (they had camaros and I didnt know it lol)...UH OH...Im toast I think to myself. So the very upset State trooper female officer gets out and is letting me have it...just chewing me out. I start apologizing and trying to pull something out of the depths of my brain to come up with and its not working. I hand her my ID/paperwork and then she got some sort of urgent call on the radio and let me go with a serious scolding. Luck was on my side that day.

Had a 71 caprice w an exhaust leak. I.live in nyc and people.traffic is isane and everyone jay walks. So.I start hitting gas hard to wake people.up as I head down.next block.someone walks backwards into the.street with long blue boots on. Crap highway 1. So I stop. First excuse is throttle got stuck. I roll down mywindow and before I can say anything he says "lemme guess gas got stuck"
As I started stuttering like ralph kramdem he tells me to take it easy and lets me go on my way. I guess stupidity saved me lol

A few years ago I was doing some side work , finished up & was having a couple beers with the customer in his garage, as we were chatting I commented on his collection of antique glass bottles & as I was about to leave he handed me a couple to take with me.

Got pulled over on the way home for like 10 over, I was fine but I did have 2 beers on my breath n thought for sure I was screwed. As he was telling me what I did wrong he shined the light on my console and seemed interested in the antique bottles, I offered them to him and he took them, told me to slow it down a little n I was off..

Another funny story was when I was a teenager taking my license road test the state trooper in the passenger seat instructed me to parallel park, so I pulled up next to a parked car on the side of the road...you know...parallel to it....put it in park and just sat there, knew something was wrong when I looked in the rearview and my then girlfriend (her car) was rolling her eyes and shaking her head, looked at cop n he said "what the fuck are you doing?" Ooooops

Got another 1 haha, again as a punk ass teenager me and my buddy loaded up a cooler with beers and ice and hit the road on the 4th of July for the 90 minute ride to cape cod in my 1974 slant 6 four door dodge dart. Spent the day on the cape party hopping & made the stupid decision to drive back home..

Well to get off the cape you gotta negotiate a rotary & apparently the rules of the road clearly state you must yield to traffic already in the rotary .. Well I just barged right on in and cut off a state cruiser, he lit us up as I was getting on the long ass bridge to get over the canal, I was coming to a stop but there is no break down lane on the bridge so he starts screaming over his pa system to cross the bridge & then pull over!

Being 19 yrs old it was illegal to even transport alcohol so my buddy starts stashing the remaining beers in the air ducts, for those of you familiar with a vintage dodge dart you know how large the air ducts are and can be closed with a latching door, we knew from experience we could fit like a six pack in there but the last one was tight. He managed to get all the beers in the duct and close the latch before the cop approached us..

Cop is pissed and can smell beer, tells us to get out of the car so he can search it, all he can see is a puddle on the floor and something dripping from under the dash .. The duct door latch punctured a can and it was leaking out of the duct but the cop couldn't tell where it was coming from, he was irate at this point...told us to "get this piece of shit off the cape" and if he saw us again that night he would find a reason to tow it and arrest us.....ahh the early 90's

I've been pulled over once, I Said to the officer "If I knew you were that handsome, I would have pulled you over" got a chuckle and a warning, that was over a decade ago.

A joke I read ages ago, guy gets pulled over for speeding. Cop asks why he was in such a hurry. Guy says "my ex left me for a policeman, I thought you were trying to return her".

When I was in college....aka over 20 yrs ago lol.....I had a 73 Nova with a mild 355, etc so I'm headed home after school and just kick the hell out of it from a red light ....tires squealing and 2nd gear bark....of course I didn't see the cop and he pulls me over.....asks me wtf, etc....then he just stops and ask me to get out of the car....I'm thinking uh oh.....he says pop the hood......turns out he was a gearhead and ask me about the engine, trans, etc. Even got down and looked underneath the car. All the while I'm just floored this is happening....he gave me a warning told me to slow down and it was a nice car.

I get pulled over at least 3-4 times a week going to work and coming home from work. same cop works the night shift sits on the ramp to the highway trying to nail people for DWI. I have an 02 chevy duramax with a few bolt ons. I just cant help my self but to blow past this cop every night lol always drops what hes doing to pull me over.. gets out of the car all pissed off thinking hes gonna nail me to bad I work at the next pct over. hahaha I get a kick out of it all the time. and going home in the morning same thing another cop on the other side of the ramp doing the same thing.. so what do I do fly by him blowing black clouds of smoke hahahaha... he finally caught on to who I am and doesn't bother me anymore I just beep the horn keep it moving...

I was driving my old gn w the gf. I make a right and sure enough cop on foot flags me down. Now at this time im driving w a cracked windshield and expired inspection sticker. "You know why I pulled you over" no I said. Expecting to hear the other stuff he says you made an illegal right. Theres a huge sign which I really didnt see.
He tells me ill let you go if you know something about this car meaning my gn. With a huge smile I said sure. He asks howhow much boost what turbo etc. On my back window I have a sticker that reads "Ponys are for little girls" w the mustang galloping symbol. Now he starts telling me about his car and you guessed it a mustang. Now I start to sweat hoping he doesnt see the obvious sticker. His partner comes over and tells him to get a look at my cool sticker. I start to sweat again. After 2 seconds all I hear is a loud laugh from him and he says dont make that right again and have a good day... lol

I've gotten pulled over plenty of times and proven who you know is more important than what you know in a lot of situations

Two stories for me:
1. 16 years old. Just bought my first car during spring break, 1987 Camaro IROC-Z carbed 305, 5spd, 4:10 gears, dual flowmasters. Pulling out of my school lot I dumped it and laid rubber for about 100ft. Kids getting on the busses cheering and waving. Get to the light at the bottom of the hill and a cop pulls up behind me and pulls me over as soon as I get on the main drag. Asked me what I was doing and told him I was just learning how to drive a 5spd and let the clutch out too fast. He let me off.
2. Last year I had my T at Anderson Performance for something and left there on MD 50/301 headed for a MAGNA meet in Wilmington, DE. Two lane divided hwy dead straight for miles, speed limit 55. My speedo was 5mph or so off at the time so It said I was doing 85. Then I see some idiot in the middle of the road waving me over........state trooper. Comes up to the window says I was doing 79. Then starts asking questions about the car. Says I'll be back in a min. Gave me a warning and just told me to keep in raigned in as there are more troopers down the road.