Who else has one?

And for your info china owns 60% of gm's parts production how pathetic is that before you know gm is all china they already got there plans on building gm crap there pick up the wall street journal and read sometimes you can learn a lot about how are country is doing in the car market vs others

Go to gm and buy a gm part it says made in china!!!!!!! And yes gm has a parts plant in china that's so pathetic its not even funny you want a good american car its only a ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 01 expedition 230.000 miles stil going strong gm vortec engines junk!!!!!!

I wouldnt exacty call the vortec engine junk since it's an ls engine. No different than what's in the camaro really. Plenty of gm trucks in my area with over 200k and still bringing a good resale.

chops are you on crack? I have had 5-600 horsepower gm ls motors last for several hundred thousand miles with repeated abuse and I have fords last just as long. Have you not learned anything from having a Gn or T-type spec, the fact its all in the TUNE. I know there are street cars running 800 to 1k hp round my part of the woods. The TUNE is the key to everything no matter where the part is made or not cause Im sure ford has plants in places like mexico or china etc....

goat my point is that japs build better cars than us I know what gm and fords are capable of doing all I own are american cars I just wish they built them better so we can blow away the f##### japs I see it every day goat am turnibg wrenches for 23 yrs and. And for every ones info I also own a. Ls1 camaro with a procharger and a stang 347 strocker with a procharger you will never se a wrx or evo in my drive way!!!! Its just every time a 2008 surburban comes in the shop and 3 quarts of oil come out vs 6* quarts its sad to see them burning oil with milage under 30k

Okay, back to the question. Does anyone else own one?

Chops I drive a 92 Accord for my daily driver (to/from work) and it has 252,000 miles on it and it is a great car. But I would rather drive either one of the buicks! The GN is my favorite and always will be but the new Regal is just a nice driving car. I will agree to disagree on how much better or worse GM cars are. I will say the 90's gm cars pretty much stunk but I think they got the heads out of their turd cutters. Subaru and mitsubishi make good 4 cyl turbo car but they just happen to be ugly as hell. No matter how much you dislike the new regal I will still be a supporter of the car. Atleast Buick made another turbo Buick.

I aggre I drive my regal every day I put almost 5k on it in 8 months I love it iand I love me a park ave or lesabre to this day the 3800 engine is an exellent motor I just wish gm would make them better like they had back in the days and this is coming from a greek who was raised around caddys all his life in ny

2011 Regal

Got mine on June 16th. Sorry about the dark picture. It was the night I got the windows tinted.

IMAG0121.jpg

Nice looking car turbo t-type. I like the white. The wife wanted the grey so it would show dirt and dust as easy. I don't care for the grey but why should I care I am color blind and the other two cars we have are a white accord and the GN. So I guess grey is right in the middle. I keep telling her to get the windows tinted but she doesn't care so much. The shifter glare will eventually change her mind. We were the first ones to get one in our small hick town and now they are everywhere. I have only seen one other turbo though and it was an older lady driving it. I like her style!

The Regal pic is from the day I brought it home, but I've since added:

-18" chrome split (10) spoke rims

-painted the engine cover

-KN drop in filter

-upgraded both upper/lower IC pipes, factory IC pipes were half the diameter of the upgraded ones, I also reloacted my IAT2 sensor on the LICP

-deleted the CAT off the turbo 02 housing

-custom aggressive Trifecta tune :biggrin:

]Regal Pics 001 resize.jpgRegal Pics 2.jpgRegal Pics 1.jpgRegal Pics 018.jpgRegal Pics 004.jpg

Go to gm and buy a gm part it says made in china!!!!!!! And yes gm has a parts plant in china that's so pathetic its not even funny you want a good american car its only a ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 01 expedition 230.000 miles stil going strong gm vortec engines junk!!!!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but go check some of the parts at the Ford counter. Don't be surprised when you see "Made in China" there as well.

above posts deleted....personal slander and threats wont fly......

My neighbor is a buick tech he has nothing good to say about the new regal his dealer has done 3 motors do to timing chain failures and 6 chain guides that's because the customers cared and bought the car in for a noise:tongue: me being a tech my self and a lot of expieriance with caddys in the past opel also built the motors for the cts which has nothing but chain problems :eek:GM has not learned I guess my neighbor also started to see them with a lot of electrical prob also the bottom line is I love my turbo regal but the new ones don't even come close. I just don't see how gm is still in buisness because there cars are junk!!!!!! The best american car today is a ford GM or chrrysler don't even come close so that's my take on the new regal guys info coming straight from a buick tech with 21 years with buick !!!!!!!!

This is a false satement, the turbo motor in 2011+ Regal (LHU) is derivitive of the LNF motor used on the Solstice/Sky, Cobalt SS/TC and HHR SS except the LHU motor is E85 capable and uses a cam driven vacuum pump. The LHU Ecotec 2.0L turbo is the first direct-injected turbocharged production car capable of running on any blend of gasoline or E85 ethanol.
I use to own a HHR SS previously to buying the Regal Turbo, I was sitting at 370 whp w/ 93 pump gas and 390 whp w/ E30 blend on stock internals, bolt ons and a bolt on BNR 2871GT hybrid turbo. That pretty impressive if you consider the stock power rating is 260 crank hp and I never upgraded any engine internals.

I have never seen one failure posted on any of the Ecotec 2.0 turbo motor due to a timing chain on all the various Ecotec turbo forums I was on, stock or modified.

Here something else for you to maul over, with just a mild 20 psi tune only on the new Regal turbo, you can bump your power from 201 whp/233 wtq to 262 whp/284 wtq.
There's not to many other cars out there where a tune is going to give you 61 whp / 51 wtq, stock without bolt ons, turbo upgrade or anything.

2011BuickRegalTurbo dyno.jpg

There is definetly potential with the Ecotec 2.0 turbo, there are LNF cars running around 400-450whp on stock internals, bolt-ons and turbo kit upgrades.

ZZP performance is making over 600 whp on a LNF 2.0 Ecotec turbo engine with rods/pistons and upgrades. They are coming out with there own EFR hybrid turbo that is a true bolt on only turbo for the LNF which means it will bolt on the LHU and have already posted dyno results making over 500 whp with it.