Who else has one?

groumoutis

I have the new turbo regal that is not a cxl model. Haven't seen any other turbos that are not a cxl.

Those of you who do have one what have you done with the chrome bezel that goes around the shifter. That thing will blind you when the sun hits it just right. I made a complaint to Buick and they said I was the first to complain. Other than that bezel I love this car. They had the new GS at the Muskegon leg of the power tour. The Buick rep said it would have around 256 hp. Just 36 more hp. I am not sure it is worth it.

GARBAgE!!!!!

My neighbor is a buick tech he has nothing good to say about the new regal his dealer has done 3 motors do to timing chain failures and 6 chain guides that's because the customers cared and bought the car in for a noise:tongue: me being a tech my self and a lot of expieriance with caddys in the past opel also built the motors for the cts which has nothing but chain problems :eek:GM has not learned I guess my neighbor also started to see them with a lot of electrical prob also the bottom line is I love my turbo regal but the new ones don't even come close. I just don't see how gm is still in buisness because there cars are junk!!!!!! The best american car today is a ford GM or chrrysler don't even come close so that's my take on the new regal guys info coming straight from a buick tech with 21 years with buick !!!!!!!!

I thought when they are built in the US they would have the turbo four from the Colbalt SS?

I am sorry to inform you chops that the 2.0 turbo is a gm drive train. The 2.4 is the Opel drive train. The car as I have said and I have had it since April is a good car. The 2.4 gets less mpg's and has less hp.

Well what ever it is am just posting from what a buick tech see's on these cars day in and day out I do know for sure opel motors are junk just from what I've seen and worked the caddy motors. And if your talking about the cobalt 2.0 motor there just as bad I've done many head gaskets on them and a lot of other problems !!!!! By all means am not disrespecting you so please don't take it the wrong way but gm cars are garbage. I see it everyday you could not give me one they are made so cheap its not even funny

I've seen the turbo SS's go in the low 13 spinning all the way. I can see the mods going on a Turbo Regal soon...

Don't you already own a GM car? The 2.0 turbo doesn't require 93 octane and the dealership will tell you that you can run on 87. I have ran E-85 in it and WOW talk about bad mileage! I wonder if the head gasket problems are from the low octane. Bringing up Opel again, I believe the Opel Insignia was car of the year in Europe. I could be wrong but I think I read it right. You have to give Opel some credit they got a car with a Buick emblem to turn a corner. Regardless, I am a fan of the car so far... Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I don't take offense from what others post.

Yes I do own 2 regals but am not a fan of the new gm cars you are taking this the wrong way and I do appologize if I disrespected you in any way and form so please forgive me thanks tommy

If you look at gm in my point as a tech its sad to see what they have done to there cars the japs are kicking our buts when it comes to cars gm is putting out so many cars to build up there market again but there leaving out the quality that a gm car had that's why I have a problem with gm for example my brother had bought an 08 malibu and at 25k it needed a motor then the trans went at 40k you will never see that in a jap car we are the best country in the world but yet our car market took a **** its embarissing losing to the japs for so many years when we all know we can build the best freaking cars but yet we count on other companies technoligy for example from 92 to 2005 I was a toyota tech toyota gave gm there plans ona hybrid car and gm could not get it right !!!!!! And that's a fact the technoligy was in gm's face chevys 4cly cars for instance the geo prizms was all toyota with a gm logo same with pontiacs 4cyl cars that's why the us wanted to put a tax on all jap cars in the us unless the japs started to help the american companies or else camrys would of cost 35gs vs 19gs so that's my problem with the us car companies and for your info we have 6 cars in my driveway all american made am just trying to keep our hard earned money in the us instead of it going overseas

And to top it all Buick is the top selling car in China:confused: Quality control thats what it comes down to. We can put guys in space but we cant build a good car:confused: You want a good car buy a Honda and make sure it was built in Japan.

Go to gm and buy a gm part it says made in china!!!!!!! And yes gm has a parts plant in china that's so pathetic its not even funny you want a good american car its only a ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 01 expedition 230.000 miles stil going strong gm vortec engines junk!!!!!!

I have the new turbo regal that is not a cxl model. Haven't seen any other turbos that are not a cxl.
Interesting combo for sure!

Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Buick is trying to make some good cars again (i.e, 303 hp LaCrosse, 270 hp Regal GS, Verano, e-assist for LaX and Regal). I just hope that they can shake off that stodgy image that many people seem to perceive about Buick.

I'm not a young dude anymore and I'm not that old either but I've never had any hang-ups about driving ANY of my Buick products over the years.

Look into the turbocharged colbalt ss basically same motor. These cars can run some serious power and look good doing it.

As for the chrome trim go into your local auto parts store and get the black chrome kit and have some fun with it and I promise you it will look good and work wonders with any chrome trim I have used it several times with awesome results.

I am sorry to inform you chops that the 2.0 turbo is a gm drive train. The 2.4 is the Opel drive train. The car as I have said and I have had it since April is a good car. The 2.4 gets less mpg's and has less hp.

You're telling me that a GERMAN engine gets LESS miles per gallon, than an AMERICAN engine?? Wow.. I didn't think the Europeans still kept the best for them, and exported their junk. I thought that ended in the mid 90's.... When I lived in Germany, there were little ****box turbo diesel VW Golf's that would EMBARRASS a nicer, older forced induction Buick on an autobahn. (gs or gn) They lasted for decades, and got GREAT gas mileage. I guess the Europeans hate sharing their nice stuff. I guess I don't blame them lol. What I'm saying is, they're giving you the junk, and keeping the good stuff for them. Because I've personally witnessed these little "whore" cars getting passed from soldier to soldier after DECADES of hard use. And they were no worse for the wear either.

Go to gm and buy a gm part it says made in china!!!!!!! And yes gm has a parts plant in china that's so pathetic its not even funny you want a good american car its only a ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 01 expedition 230.000 miles stil going strong gm vortec engines junk!!!!!!

you have issues.....we dont see any of the problems you are spouting off about here..we actually bitch about how much better GM is making cars as we dont even have any warranty work anymore.
how many sets of spark plugs has that POS ford engine blew out of it??

lmfao warranty is all that gm sees. If you think gm is making better cars that's your opinion I call it like I see it and that's 2 spark plugs. In over 200k ill take that over any gm any day gm is garbage!!!!!!!!!! Period any real gm tech will answer that for you and to be honest with you fords are better than gm butt we still can't compete with the japs and never ever will even our cars are garbage from the time they. Were made there better now because we made them better with the technoligy in after market parts that are available today do the research on the problems on gn from day one you drive em 1 week and fixem for 2 weeks the bottom line is what am. Trying to say is the us needs to get there **** together because we still can't even beat the japs and never will our solution is to have everything made in china for cheaper labor that's why us americans are starving today because we build quality lmao its rediculous