Who drives their turbo Buick in a snowstorm

I took some girl home one time, went inside with her for a few hours and when I walked out there had to be 6-8inchs of snow. I had two choices, drive about 30 miles in the GN or have to look at her without the beer googles. Car did pretty damn good in the snow.

This was in 95. Also my buddy was with me and he was driving his 90 Lx. The GN plowed the way and he followed me all the way back to my house. I told him even in the snow he couldn't get around me.

I cried, I begged, I screamed, NO! NO! NO!:arghh:

NO MORE TALK ABOUT SNOW!!!!!!:mad:

It's almost over..........Can't my Buick brothers help me out with this. I'm nearly suffering a nervous breakdown.:nailbiting:
We can start all over again next December.:depressed:

Over 50* upstate yesterday... Spring is coming!

That's bullshit. There's no reason to drive a classic car in the snow. If you can't afford to have another car then you shouldn't own the Buick.

That's bullshit. There's no reason to drive a classic car in the snow. If you can't afford to have another car then you shouldn't own the Buick.

I don't believe, just because someone doesn't have a disposable income they should be denied the opportunity to own a classic.

If one of my other vehicles craps out mid winter, it would suck, but I could still get to work. The job is what pays for the GN. If I don't go to work, no GN figuratively speaking.

Shitty situation and I would exhaust all other options first but sometimes life isn't working in our favor.

I don't believe, just because someone doesn't have a disposable income they should be denied the opportunity to own a classic.

If one of my other vehicles craps out mid winter, it would suck, but I could still get to work. The job is what pays for the GN. If I don't go to work, no GN figuratively speaking.

Shitty situation and I would exhaust all other options first but sometimes life isn't working in our favor.

Why YES, they absolutely should be denied the opportunity. "Just because I make 7 dollars an hour, doesn't mean I should have a kid." Sure it does. You're screwing the KID. It's not about your opportunity, it's about the kid, or the object's opportunity. Now how's that kid going to get clothes when you can barely pay your rent? Huh? Ahhh I don't have any room in the house any longer, let the dog sleep outside in the winter. Screw it. I wanted my opportunity. I got it, so screw everyone else lol. No. That's not how it works, sorry. No matter how nicely you put it, it's still wrong. You must ENSURE, not HOPE, your shit's squared away not only just for the next five minutes, but for the future, before you go blowing some money on something you may or may not be able to handle. That's called responsibility. Remember the housing crisis? Yea. That's where "I don't believe, just because someone doesn't have a disposable income they should be denied the opportunity to own a classic. " gets you. I think about my car/family/possessions before my own convenience. If you live in Florida, and the dog has to sleep outside for a day, or the classic has to get driven to work once (where it's not covered by your classic car insurance) then fine, but to drive a car like that in the winter is not only irresponsible, but wreckless too, because it's got EVERYTHING wrong for winter driving. And if you can't afford to own another car, or to take a taxi to work for a few days then you can't afford winter tires either. No abs, no winter tires, too much low end torque and rwd. You're going to kill someone driving that thing. And yea I know that just because you haven't killed someone in the winter doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's just asking for trouble. Not worth it in my opinion. Sorry.

Wow, I wasn't expecting a political debate. I went back and checked and I never once said anything about blowing off life responsibilities to own a classic. I also never said it was an ideal winter vehicle.
You're assuming a lot about what I meant and misconstrued.

We disagree. I'm not hear to argue...

Lol. I'm not arguing, nor am I a political person. Nothing political was mentioned. I do love when posts over 2 sentences blow people away though. It's good entertainment lol.

Why YES, they absolutely should be denied the opportunity. "Just because I make 7 dollars an hour, doesn't mean I should have a kid." Sure it does. You're screwing the KID. It's not about your opportunity, it's about the kid, or the object's opportunity. Now how's that kid going to get clothes when you can barely pay your rent? Huh? Ahhh I don't have any room in the house any longer, let the dog sleep outside in the winter. Screw it. I wanted my opportunity. I got it, so screw everyone else lol. No. That's not how it works, sorry. No matter how nicely you put it, it's still wrong. You must ENSURE, not HOPE, your shit's squared away not only just for the next five minutes, but for the future, before you go blowing some money on something you may or may not be able to handle. That's called responsibility. Remember the housing crisis? Yea. That's where "I don't believe, just because someone doesn't have a disposable income they should be denied the opportunity to own a classic. " gets you. I think about my car/family/possessions before my own convenience. If you live in Florida, and the dog has to sleep outside for a day, or the classic has to get driven to work once (where it's not covered by your classic car insurance) then fine, but to drive a car like that in the winter is not only irresponsible, but wreckless too, because it's got EVERYTHING wrong for winter driving. And if you can't afford to own another car, or to take a taxi to work for a few days then you can't afford winter tires either. No abs, no winter tires, too much low end torque and rwd. You're going to kill someone driving that thing. And yea I know that just because you haven't killed someone in the winter doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's just asking for trouble. Not worth it in my opinion. Sorry.

I get what you are saying to a point but somehow I don't think GM ever considered any of this when the built and sold all these cars back then as far as driving them in the winter goes.

And as far as killing some one with a GN in the winter..... I can guarantee you that I will do worse to someone with my 3/4 ton diesel with the 8 foot plow hanging off the front of my truck than I would my Buick cause sometimes I drive that truck in the snow like I do my Buick on Dry pavement.... sideways all the way! I'm not proud to say that but sometime I like to get sideways and have fun......mostly when no one is around, but idiots always come out of nowhere when you least expect it and then things go bad and it will be no ones fault but my own and I hope to god it never happens as I don't want anyone to suffer for my stupidity!

I guess what I am trying to say even though I also would cringe at the sight of one of these cars out there in the winter is that there other things you probably need to worry about more than a classic Buick being driven in the winter.

Just my opinion and we all know how that saying goes!

I love Turbo Buicks as much or more than anyone on this site. 99% of the GNs still on the road are 5-20k. We aren't talking about 71 Hemi Cuda coveribles or 69 Copo Camaros. If you paid for a car treat it however you want. I personally would rather see one driving in a snow storm than one that never gets driven and just sits in a museum. I always say what a waste, enjoy it. To each his own.

:confused:
Reasons to drive a classic car in the snow.

1. It's fun. :woot:
  2. Because you can.
  3. It's perfectly legal.
  4. It gets you where you need to go.
  5. It gets folks' attention :snaphappy: (& ticks some of them off.) :mad:
  6. It's fun. :ROFLMAO:

Wtf? When did he talk about kids?

I'm lost...

It was just an example lol. An example of putting your personal desires before the welfare of the thing you desire.

It's a commodity, a whole whopping $10K used car.

Just think of all the Apple I's that would still be out there if everyone knew they'd be worth $10K someday. :p

Yeah my "personal desire" is to drive my "personal car". ;):p

BB Turbo and Greg got it right. :cool:

Dammed, if I'm driving a used Camry, pickup truck, or SUV to work everyday. :eek::(:oops::dead:

Don't forget property taxes are cheap too if you have to pay them. :)

I never driven either of mine in the winter but the grey one I bought, the lady before me did every day up until I bought it off her in 07.
I love TB's but its still just a car and they were built to be used. People have no problem driving 65k pickups in the winter what's such a big deal about a 10k car? When you consider it lots of people think we're nuts for owning a car we don't even drive everyday.

The '87 Grand National I have now, was bought new by my beloved Dad....he drove it year round, rain, snow, mud, nothing stopped him....he said he "bought it to enjoy it" and said "I'll be damned if I let a little snow stop me from getting anywhere!" And he did just that! Of course, he always called me to come and fix the scoop to the intercooler, as he kept ripping it down after plowing into small snow banks...or the driveway my brother did not shovel that day......:rolleyes:

Surprisingly, the undercarriage is in great shape....only the fuel line from the filter to the front is rusted....I've replaced it with stainless steel....other than that, no rust through at all...the return lines, etc in great shape........when I took out the old carpet, the only rust spot is where he put his wet, snow covered boots on the floor when he got into the car.....no leaks from the T-Tops onto the floor, I have pictures to prove it, and Dad let it sit outside in all kinds of weather up until he gave it to me before he died of cancer (2006)....it's now never been driven in the rain nor snow by me or my wife.....back then, they were NOT classics.......now, they ARE....I have Jeeps to drive in snow or bad weather......my Dad's beloved GN lives in the garage. If I HAD to drive it in bad weather, it would only be if my wife needed a trip to the hospital or doctors.......other than that, my GN is so much loved and pampered.......I go out quite a bit, can of Coors in my hand, sit in the driver's seat
and make turbo noises until my wife comes out to drag my drunken, half lifeless body out to be fed dinner:wacky: I keep my Dad's Army Air Force hat in the back window shelf. (Starting to get misty eyed, going to go)

Bruce '87 Grand National