White letter tires out or in for stock 86-87 10 fin turbine rims?

Mount the letters out if you want the retro 1980's look. Mount them in if you are more contemporary in the look of your car. It also assumes your turbine wheels are mint... if they are mint the black sidewall will really make the wheel standout. If they are a bit used and not as pristine then white letters will help carry the look of the car and the tire/wheel package.

The BFG has thin enough lettering that, especially on a white car, it would look better out.

Mount them in........makes the tire look bigger.........white letter tires went out in the mid 80's.

Helloooo, We are ga-ga over a mid-80's "redneck" automobile, which many people say went out with the 80's too. They would be "period correct" so you can sport'em if you want. Maybe not so great on a Lambo but they're perfectly fine on our cars. :cool:

If you were purchasing a set of tires that had raised white letter tires, and were putting them on a set of the 86-87 10 fin turbine rims, would you have them mounted out or in?

I always liked them on my White T:

Attachments

• WhiteT.jpg
    WhiteT.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 263
White Car, T Type wheels, letters out. T Type wheels are very dull. It needs the white letters to make them stand out.

Do one side in and one side out.:D Personally would do them in. Haven't had white letters since the N50 x 15 rear tires and Hi Jacker air shocks days.:D

I vote for IN.

Out is the Monte Carlo SS look! (The G-body Montes)...plus a pain to keep clean.

Some would also argue that 15" wheels went out with the 80's as well, but the way I look at it, they are still 80's vehicles no matter what you do. RWL are still quite popular - moreso on trucks these days though.

Letters out IMHO, but only with Goodyears, BFG's etc and on 15" wheels (some 16's look ok though). RWL out on Yokohama's for example, just doesn't look right on an Amercian car :)

Outlined RWL like the originals are nice, but I'm not sure you can even buy a car tire like this anymore?

TR Custom Parts said:
Personally would do them in. Haven't had white letters since the N50 x 15 rear tires and Hi Jacker air shocks days.:D

Mark, I will agree with you.
N50-15's??!! D@mn sam, that was some time ago!

I remember a set of those on my brothers Cutlass crusier wagon.
That rocket 350 would turn them over on demand!

I for one like them out.

I wished they still had a Goodrich Comp TA with white letters.

It's your car & everybody has different tastes (bad example - high wings & fart pipes on ricers).

If we all had the same tastes, everybody would own a GN instead of something lesser. Only very few of us would happy with our choice of a mate, 'cause the ONLY desireable ones would be in short supply.