White letter tires out or in for stock 86-87 10 fin turbine rims?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
If you were purchasing a set of tires that had raised white letter tires, and were putting them on a set of the 86-87 10 fin turbine rims, would you have them mounted out or in?

I expect to be in a minority by replying this, but I personnally would definitely mount them OUT. :wink: GN's were available with white lettered tires back in '87..I had them on mine and I liked them. What's the point in buying white lettered tires only to mount them in??...You might as well get some black ones if you're going to do that...:( To each his own...:smile:

Claude :smile:

Mount them in........makes the tire look bigger.........white letter tires went out in the mid 80's.

Mount them in........makes the tire look bigger.........white letter tires went out in the mid 80's.

I have to disagree!
IMG_0921.jpg

depends on the particular car and your tastes. personally, i think there is too much blackness on GN's, and some white letter tires would help to break it up a bit visually.

I have both styles on my Gns, and I would prefer out with the white letters exposed, as long as the tires are nice and fat:)

White out for sure. Looks retro and cool. Mine would be out too if mi Mickey E/T streets had white letters.

PS Vader87, great car!

out

put the white letters out.on all black or all white,i would have them out.i have stock 87s and the gnx wheels.the 87s bfgs letters out becuz im limo tinted all the way around so the letters and chrome kind of breaks up all the black..but with the gnxs i went all black for that mean dont try it look...:cool:

Tires

Depends on brand of tire to me.Some tires have bogus looking letters.BFG & Goodyear have the best looking letters to me.Just my opinion!!

White out for sure. Looks retro and cool. Mine would be out too if mi Mickey E/T streets had white letters.

PS Vader87, great car!

Thanks!!:D Was about 3 days after I bought it!

I'm split. If they are a name brand than mount them out. Brand X then mount them in. Now if they are solid letters than you gotta mount them in regaurdless of the brand. I like the look of Outlined White Letters. Just like the originals.

Who says OWL is 80's? Just open up the truck tire section. Goodyear even makes OWL Marathon GTs for your BassBoat or race car hauler. I guess they are just like 20" tires. You gotta show how much money you spent on tires.

You know they also make EagleGT2s with a white sidewall. Now nothing says sleeper like those.

Unless they are NOS OWL Eagle GT's, circa 1987, white letter tires scream "Hey everybody! I have cheap tires on my car!!!!"

Blackwall tires may actually be cheaper, but they don't look cheaper.