which wire (color) cuts off alky?

snyderjw1

I forget/can't find directions for wire that when given 12 volts kills alky for launch..thanks, John

Thanks jerryl....any suggestions on a clean way to wire it in with transbrake? maybe close circuit with a solenoid?

Electric brake... use a relay..

Now grounding purple wire stops the pressure from building while on the brake but it still sprays. This is because if you have to leave at a boost level not supported by pump gas.. then you need the alky.. plus it eliminates any delays getting liquid into the motor. So if the kit activates at 40 PSI liquid pressure.. grounding the purple wire keeps it at that low pressure as you build boost past turnon.

Now if you want zero spray.. then disable the green wire going to the PAC controller. If you do this... it wont spray anything while on the transbrake

This thought always scared me, I always wanted that alky flowing as much as possible.

Hey John don't you have a fast system? Can you not pull enough fuel in the cells where you are on the TB?

Thanks!

Thank you all for the help....Julio, I think I want to kill it entirely until I let go of the button...

Collin, I think I could do that as well..but I wanted to eliminate one variable when trying different boost/rpm levels...at least for now.

I was on the transbrake and 2 step last weekend and over 15 psi it seemed to try and kill the motor..I never had the problem with just alky/transbrake, but with alky/transbrake/2 step I had the issue...also, under load (no 2 step) I like where my tables are... just looking to simplify.

John

Thank you all for the help....Julio, I think I want to kill it entirely until I let go of the button...

Collin, I think I could do that as well..but I wanted to eliminate one variable when trying different boost/rpm levels...at least for now.

I was on the transbrake and 2 step last weekend and over 15 psi it seemed to try and kill the motor..I never had the problem with just alky/transbrake, but with alky/transbrake/2 step I had the issue...also, under load (no 2 step) I like where my tables are... just looking to simplify.

John

Now I understand more...You need to get your tune right on the transbrake without the 2 step and then kill the correction, you're getting it up on the 2 step and it's freaking the wideband out.

If your correction is "ON" when the engine is on the 2-step .. the misses cause the AF to go to 16:1.. the ecm then adds fuel trying to correct the lean condition.. you'll chase your tail trying to tune that.

Easy fix is set correction to start working above 5k. Below 5k no correction. If you have to leave higher than 5k on the 2 step.. then move up the trigger for the correction.

Has nothng to do with alcohol.. :cool:

Easy fix is set correction to start working above 5k. Below 5k no correction. If you have to leave higher than 5k on the 2 step.. then move up the trigger for the correction.

There you go, that's a better way of saying it.