Which wideband kit to buy?

clusolynn

Hello everyone and thanks ahead of time for replies, evn the sarcastic ones! I would like to know which exact kit would be best for my GEN II setup for A/F tracking. Would just the Lm1 or LC1 cables work? Could I buy that and then get a sensor from the junkyard to save money? Which sensor/part number compatable with adapter cables to GEN II? Any help appreciated! I need a wideband set up yesterday, I just can't afford $200 to $300 bucks, and do I need a datalogger with it? Or anything else for that matter? Should cable and O2 work with Gen II without other parts. I have looked for this information, and I'm sure it's availible somewhere, apparently I'm to dimwitted to understand. PLEASE HELP! Car runs run. Thanks again, John.:confused:

I have the PLX and like it. But my buddy has the AEM that TurboTweak sells and it is nice and simple too. If I was buying one again I would get the AEM. It is $200 with a gauge and it is super easy to install.

Your better off than me. Im not sure what It is good for, how does it help the car, and will it be worth the cash?

The recalibration feature isn't exactly a plus. More of a crutch actually.
If you had a WBO2 system that had a robust controller and firmware the recalibration wouldn't be required.
There are many brands available that do not require recalibration and manage to maintain their accuracy and stability for years.

PLX or LC-1

Installed and LC-1 last Jan worked good ..PITA and the free air thing also. Later installed a PLX,much simpler. Had another LC-1 crap out on another customer(was not involved with install) and he went PLX also.

OE's are wideband and they don't need a free air cal ever.:smile:

The recalibration feature isn't exactly a plus. More of a crutch actually.
If you had a WBO2 system that had a robust controller and firmware the recalibration wouldn't be required.
There are many brands available that do not require recalibration and manage to maintain their accuracy and stability for years.

Agreed!

Quick question, the PLX, is that a stand-alone w/b? I took the pro out, just running a translator now, need something thats a stand-alone.

Quick question, the PLX, is that a stand-alone w/b? I took the pro out, just running a translator now, need something thats a stand-alone.

It is if you also purchase a gauge. The SM-AFR is the wideband and it's cotroller. There are also PLX gagues available.

It is if you also purchase a gauge. The SM-AFR is the wideband and it's cotroller. There are also PLX gagues available.

I clicked the link you put up, and 2nd one down has the AFR sensor and single gauge combo for $279.99
Im in the market and want to gather up the info before jumping into a decision. Just want to make sure they work as a stand-alone. Thanks

I clicked the link you put up, and 2nd one down has the AFR sensor and single gauge combo for $279.99
Im in the market and want to gather up the info before jumping into a decision. Just want to make sure they work as a stand-alone. Thanks

If you're talking about the SM-AFR + DM-5, then yes.

Now, what do you mean by stand alone. If you mean everything is there to monitor air fuel ratio, then yes. Will it control your air fuel ratio? Depends on your installed equipment. Will it data log? no, that's what powerlogger is for.

TurboDave,
Do you run the SM-AFR+DM-5 AFR combo or do you use a ScanMaster to read the AFR through a PowerLogger.I am also looking into buying a wideband system that is simple and accurate.Thanks,ikle.

I currently run the LC1 and if I had to do it over, I would run the AEM. I know several that have them and they work beautifully. I have been through 3 sensors and can't seem to pinpoint why they go out so easily. I don't drive my car that often in the first place.

Mike

AFR Kit

Google/ AFM1000. The closest thing to it is NGK/Powerdex AFX with the NTK wb O2 sensor. Can be had as a kit for under 300$

TurboDave,
Do you run the SM-AFR+DM-5 AFR combo or do you use a ScanMaster to read the AFR through a PowerLogger.I am also looking into buying a wideband system that is simple and accurate.Thanks,ikle.

I use just the SM-AFR and monitor my WB on the scanmaster via powerlogger, and also it controls my Translator Pro.