Which wideband for PowerLogger?

larry33kc

IMG_4400.PNG
Im going back to a stock style set up with a SD chip and PowerLogger. My question is which wideband should I get. I don't have a lot of $'s to spend and this is what I was thinking about getting
Thanks

I love innovatives website and articles, but I think they're actual products aren't all that great.

Personally I run a PLX and have been 100% happy with it. Since I too have a powerlogger I got the cheap one that doesn't come with a gauge.

Installation was a little tricky as I didn't want to make a hole big enough for that huge W/B plug to pass through so i extracted all the pins, ran the wire outside then reinstalled the plug.

Installation of the brain box was easy. I Velcroed it to the left of my glove box and ran a short wire to my PL AUX box.

Sorry no. Just thought the Bluetooth option is great! BTW - Earl knows his stuff.

OP- I am also running a PLX, and have no complaints. I haven't hooked it up to the PL yet, as I am just getting ready to do that.

I love innovatives website and articles, but I think they're actual products aren't all that great.

Personally I run a PLX and have been 100% happy with it. Since I too have a powerlogger I got the cheap one that doesn't come with a gauge.

Installation was a little tricky as I didn't want to make a hole big enough for that huge W/B plug to pass through so i extracted all the pins, ran the wire outside then reinstalled the plug.

Installation of the brain box was easy. I Velcroed it to the left of my glove box and ran a short wire to my PL AUX box.

Earl, where on the PLX brain box did you run the wire to?

I highly recommend PLX. The simplest and least expensive option would be their SM-AFR, with no gauge and use your scanmaster, either standard or gauge as your wideband display as I do. Their latest versions are very fast and accurate! And unlike antiquated Innovate widebands, the PLX is self calibrating and doesn't require regular manual calibrations like the Innovate products.
Stick with PLX, you'll be very happy, and your wallet will thank you.

I used an autometer with my sd2 for a couple years before switching to xfi so it would match my other gauges, worked great. I forget which but it works on the same scale as either plx or aem, depending on which update you have autometer will or will not be listed in the menu to choose from. I'd sell it to you cheap if youre interested

I have that exact Innovate you posted. Been on the car for 3 years with no problems. I don't have experience with others, so can't give a comparison with others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

One thing not mentioned for the Innovate is you need an adapter to an old 16 pin? connector to program the settings in the gauge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have AEM in line/ no gage . Connected to the powerlogger & displayed on scan master. The "controller " is about the size of a 12 gauge shotgun shell completely sealed in line and mounted in the engine compartment, just feed the wires through firewall to powerlogger.

Last edited:
Now the next question is do I have to install a second sensor since there is already one in the pipe or can I piggyback off it?

I put my WB in the test pipe. You needed to use two o2 sensors, one for the ECU, one for the chip to use. I used inline AEM, no need to have more gauges. My personal opinion is the less gauges and one central display unit the better. Not that it matters to this conversation, but I have eliminated all my gauges except for the MANUAL oil pressure gauge and the Temp gauge. All others read through one central display device. It's a cleaner look and is less clutter.

Last edited:
I run the AEM UEGO. Plug n play, no calibration. I mounted it in the downpipe just before the heater box on the top. Way down under the brake booster, there is a big punchout that can be used to pass the giant W/B plug through. Take a look, you'll see it.