Which vacuum line to tap into for boost gauge?

87lc2/wo2

I've got the Kirban's guide to 1986 and 1987 Turbobuicks. He recommends using the vacuum line that goes in front of the transmission dipstick. There are no photos of this, can anyone locate this line? Is there another line to tap into other than this a turbo boost gauge?

That's the line that runs to the map sensor, you can also tap into the line that goes to the charcoal canister

Sent from my DROID2

Uh oh, I removed the charcoal canister and plugged the line. If I remember accurately, that line is by the fuel pressure regulator right?

I used the FP regulator line. That way I see actual intake numbers and it doubles as a safety measure. If my boost gauge isn't working neither is my FP regulator!:eek:

I used the FP regulator line. That way I see actual intake numbers and it doubles as a safety measure. If my boost gauge isn't working neither is my FP regulator!:eek:

This is dangerous. If your plastic line to your boost gauge pops off.. you'll blow the motor up. The rubber hose from metal tube to FPR should have zip ties on both ends. It is a critical connection on a turbo engine.

I use the one to the charcoal cannister. If the line pops off.. no harm can happen.

Just like the rubber hoses on top of the throttle body. If those have cracks/oily/etc.. sooner than latter you'll be rebuilding a motor over 2.00 in vacuum hose.