Which turbo blanket to get and how do they work keeping heat down

stevek

I am thinking of getting a turbo blanket from weber, my turbo is an old school Te45a, any one know if their T4 that they sell will fit and will it keep heat down allitle underhood, now i only stock cover on it. let me know any pros and cons also, thanks

Fleabay cheapie here. It will keep temps down in the engine compartment. It also helped lower my intake temps due to my turbo placement.

Attachments

• IMG_20141218_190826_370.jpg
    IMG_20141218_190826_370.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 385
I bought this from full throttle. It is the more expensive lava rock type. It fits ok i guess considering there really is no cover for buick housings. Its a T4. It made an incredible difference in temp. I was worried about destroying my hood liner since I wasnt using anything at all. I can make a hard pull and put my hand on this thing. It really does work well.
uploadfromtaptalk1453258544330.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply Idont see the one from full throttle I'll keep looking around but will probably go with weber's , thanks again

I bought one of the lava ones on ebay and it wouldn't fit around the stock turbo bracket. I think it was T3/T4 or T4.