which turbo and stall? 70gtq or 72 bb or not bb?

sdteb

trying to get it like you
some one please help me decide on a good converter and which turbo? i have a 109 block with all the good stuff...gn1's and champion intake etc etc...215-220 roller cam and je's with eagle/cat crank and k1 rods 83's and turbo 400 coming from lonnie diers with tbrake ...fast xfi....

i wanna be able to bracket race this locally at the 1/8th miles as well and go into the 9's deep if possible..

The new dual ball bearing PT70 GT-Q turbo (7080RH) will support up to 850 fwhp and the non bb version has proven to take many TSM legal cars into the mid 9s. With this turbo and a 9" or 9.5" converter that can flash stall to around 3800, you should be able to bracket race this combo very easily. If you want low 9's and you have a 248 ci motor, I would run the same converter, but go with a PT74 GT-Q with the dual ball bearing cartridge.(7480RH) This turbo will support up to 950 fwhp. A 3500# Buick will need to put down approximately 900whp to run 9 teens at 148. To make this kind of power with a 74mm turbo, you will also need to run a converter that has very low slippage, aka low drive train loss. I prefer the 74mm wheel to the 76 because the 74mm wheel makes more power through out the entire rpm band than the 76 does. The 76 wheel is more peaky and only makes more at higher rpms. I don't particularly care for the 72mm wheel, the 74 will way out perform it with little to no difference in spool up. Also, with regards to your combo, I hope you have a good external pump such as a Weldon DB2015a or a DB2025a. Anything less just ain't gonna cut it at this power level.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

i was thinking a 70 bb turbo did not know of the 74..i was thinking of running tsm next year if they let us use champion intakes...if not well i will just run the car in something else.....i have a .030 non stroked motor...the pump is a weldon a1000....what brand converter? neil chance? hughes? 9-11 3600 stall? patrick this is shandy..good to hear from you...just real confused as to what i want and i am going to order the turbo this week...

Hi Shandy.
You too sir.
I think you mean you have an Aeromotive A1000 pump. Weldon doesn't make a pump called an A1000. No biggie. For TSM, they will limit you to a 70mm turbo.
I think you will be more than happy with the dual ball bearing 7080RH turbo.
Converter wise, I'd think either Chance, Art Carr, or one of the converters Dusty Bradford recommends.
HTH

Patrick

i think i will get the 70 gtq bb ....this should do me well...if i want to go any faster i will get a small block turbo car..haha....