To E85 or not ?

I have specs for fittings and line info if you need a list of what we have used.

I'd appreciate those specs if you could Nick. Also, having an AFPR, anything else I need to take into consideration besides the pump and injectors your mention ?

E85 all the way . Just read up on the tune because if you run to low of timing you could damage your turbo . Ask me how I know . Anyway e85 loves timing so I would stay in the low 20ish area then tune from there . With ethanol the EGTs will raise if you retard the timing to much FYI

Depends. If you drive any distance you'll be looking for a place to fuel constantly. Way higher octane way lower mileage. If it's only short distance, e85 close buy or just the track I'd think about it.

No Brainer .. E85 ... if you have a station close enough there is ZERO reason to use ALKY.

and YES E85 will run faster on the same setup as ALKY + 93 .. been down that road a few times.

Where ALKY is a better solution is if you can not fine E85 in a reasonable driving distance .. then ALKY gets the win.

Go with E85. I was worried about fuel mileage and thought with a concern of finding it when I away from home, till I drove from NC to Michigan planning every station a mileage a part. I got 16 mpg and went from skipping one of the stops to skipping 2 to 3 based on mileage apart. Other than a little long crank and start when its cold out, I will stay with E85. Plus that 29 psi pull puts a smile on your face, scares your passenger, and ticks off the guy on the other lane. 3 years with months of storage at a time, no issues. The hardest part, getting past the fear of just doing it.

I've already purchased a DW400 fuel pump.
Using this pump forces you to replace your return line. If you used a double pump setup,you wouldn't need to replace the return line. Weather you use a double pump set up or one big pump,you will not need to replace your fuel feed line.

Will be getting 8- feed
Not needed.

6- return lines if needed.
only if you use that one big pump.

So will E85 be a better option
Ethanol has a faster burn rate than gasoline. Because of this more work gets done earlier in the power stroke where the rod has more leverage on the crank. Because of this,the engine will produce more torque. This is also one of the reasons that causes the turbo to spool much quicker. This is the thing that will cause you to fall in love with E85. Your tires will not like it so much. Because ethanol has a faster burn rate than gasoline,it will not need as much ignition advance. In fact it will require less. Resist the urge to advance the timing at all cost.Use the timing numbers that Nick advised.

I have a E85 station about 15 miles away from home.
I can't imagine that your going to like traveling 15 miles to get gas as you will use one gallon to get home and there's all of that wasted time. I have 4 stations within 4 miles of my home. The nearest one is 1/2 mile down the road.

If I do decide to go E85, I will need to mod my ECM to accept low imp injectors,
Yes

Change over my fuel lines to SS,
No

add a E85 flex sensor?
No

and then get 120# or higher fuel injectors
Yes

(I will have Eric re-burn me a chip)
I like the Extender Extreme chip with a translator and an LS1 MAF sensor.

Using this pump forces you to replace your return line. If you used a double pump setup,you wouldn't need to replace the return line. Weather you use a double pump set up or one big pump,you will not need to replace your fuel feed line.

Not needed.

only if you use that one big pump.

Ethanol has a faster burn rate than gasoline. Because of this more work gets done earlier in the power stroke where the rod has more leverage on the crank. Because of this,the engine will produce more torque. This is also one of the reasons that causes the turbo to spool much quicker. This is the thing that will cause you to fall in love with E85. Your tires will not like it so much. Because ethanol has a faster burn rate than gasoline,it will not need as much ignition advance. In fact it will require less. Resist the urge to advance the timing at all cost.Use the timing numbers that Nick advised.

I can't imagine that your going to like traveling 15 miles to get gas as you will use one gallon to get home and there's all of that wasted time. I have 4 stations within 4 miles of my home. The nearest one is 1/2 mile down the road.

Yes

No

No

Yes

I like the Extender Extreme chip with a translator and an LS1 MAF sensor.

Thank for that!

Will 120 lb injectors be enough?

120 lb injectors will be enough. Any more and you might not be able to pass emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will 120 lb injectors be enough?
At 500 whp it will be enough if you use Holley 120s. 600 will be stretching them to near their upper limit at 45 psi base pressure,but upping the base fuel pressure (they can handle a lot) might be needed above that and then you will need a fuel pump or pumps that can put out enough volume at the higher pressure. Higher voltage can help that.

I think I will just convert to e85 then. I think it will keep my new motor happy
i would highly recommend you do your own research especially how fast pump gas alky cars are running these days,especially since you already have what you need already.500rwhp is 500rwhp no matter what fuel is used,and the truth of it is both fuels will easly do that.one uses much less volume vs the other,and is less corosive.

i would highly recommend you do your own research especially how fast pump gas alky cars are running these days,especially since you already have what you need already.500rwhp is 500rwhp no matter what fuel is used,and the truth of it is both fuels will easly do that.one uses much less volume vs the other,and is less corosive.

It's the same .. only different :)

E85 if available is a far better solution than ALKY + 93
In situations where E85 is a 60 mile drive or not available at all .. ALKY + 93 is the ticket.

I've used both.. setup a bunch of cars on ALKY + 93 .. ( they run well)

after running E85 since 02 ... I'd NEVER pick ALKY +93 over E85 if availability isn't a concern.

The problem with E85 its not available everywhere .. then ALKY is the clear winner

It's the same .. only different :)

E85 if available is a far better solution than ALKY + 93
In situations where E85 is a 60 mile drive or not available at all .. ALKY + 93 is the ticket.

I've used both.. setup a bunch of cars on ALKY + 93 .. ( they run well)

after running E85 since 02 ... I'd NEVER pick ALKY +93 over E85 if availability isn't a concern.

The problem with E85 its not available everywhere .. then ALKY is the clear winner
Agree 100%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

t's the same .. only different :)
with respect maybe one day you can explain that a little better;)the turbo,motor,and overall combo will et and mph given a certain weight its just in the math.i see guys switch fuels all the time and mostly chase there tail.take a stock buick v6 stock turbo combo for example i believe the record is a pump gas alky combo (murphster),and before that another pump gas alky car (ed brewer)on a heavier car,any e85 combos near a pump gas alky combo as fas as et and mph?we can talk built motors as well,i know of several built motors take a range from mid 9's to mid 10s that have run on multiple fuels from race gas to pump gas alky to e85,and most were limited to the turbo and motor they were running.to be clear,for example those that have a really good motor but are out of turbo i havent seen a gain on switching fuels.im not talking about those that have more motor and dont use their turbo:)i have heard that e98 make more power from a friend that dyno tunes,i havent seen or tested the e98,but that particular vehicle did not run faster than its race gas opponent in a blower size restricted event.