Which Suspension package DSE vs RideTech vs SC&C?

I'm not saying at all that the design is faulty performance-wise. I'm sureDSE stuff works GREAT! I'm just saying that you cannot replace DSE shock with another brand of shock. Many suspension designers are using dropped spring pockets to allow more shock travel and hence, the use of standard length shocks that are available from multiple sources. In fact, I plan to use DSE parts on my 1974 Camaro.
Conrad

Is there any benefit to running a stock length shock? Why does it matter? As long as you have the same amount of useable suspension travel I wouldn't think it would matter. If you wanna change shocks just measure the dse ones or call them, I'm sure they can give u the measurements and most companies offer different length shocks. I'm just trying to see why it concerns you so much I'm not trying to be a wiseass or anything. Joel

Is there any benefit to running a stock length shock? Why does it matter? As long as you have the same amount of useable suspension travel I wouldn't think it would matter. If you wanna change shocks just measure the dse ones or call them, I'm sure they can give u the measurements and most companies offer different length shocks. I'm just trying to see why it concerns you so much I'm not trying to be a wiseass or anything. Joel
What Conrad is trying to say is with the DSE G-Body upper & lower A-arms you only have a 10" ride height, with that said using a regular gas shock is okay but when you go to a coil over shock there is where the problem is because No manufacture makes a coil over short enough to fit in a 10" ride height and give you 5" of shock travel (I know because I just went through this myself). You see, DSE used to have AFCO make their shocks and the coil overs that went inside their A-arms were special made just for them and the G-body DSE a-arms now DSE no longer deals with or uses AFCO so those are no longer available as DSE now went with JRI shocks and JRI does not make a shock for G-bodies. So your pretty much stuck with a Non Adjustable coil over from DSE as supplies last.. I personally want to make the move up to adjustable coil overs so I will have to change out my a-arms.

Scott,
Thank you for clearing up my muddy water!
Conrad

I've been building my suspension system up for ten years or more. If I was to start over today I would use a kit from one manufacture. I've got bits and pieces from several manufactures. Hotchkis rear arms, umi sway bars, front a arms from umi, koni shocks. Frame bars from g body. Works on the street. I haven't try it at auto x or at a competitive level.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app