Which route should I go

Ok Lorenzo, here's where you can hook up the vacume for the tranny. Look at where the screwdirvers are. As far as an injection for water or alky go to the top of before black and then go to Rich's post and go to his web site. He has a DIY alky info for you.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 127
And yes the later CC systems don't have the same ESC modual so you'd have to use a puter of some sort. Someone on the board had an MSD 6A for sale a few weeks ago and I think it was about $100 so you might do some searching in the for sale section. All you'd have to do is add the BTM modual and a rev limiter and get the replacement for the ignition modual. Cheaper than getting it all in one and if something goes wrong it's cheaper to fix.

ok so all i need is the msd 6al and the little Retard Module Kit, 1,2,3,4,5 Degrees they look like little fuses???

does the waste gate actuator vaccuum hook up to the port u have pictured

Depending on which actuator you have. Is a 1 or 2 port? If it's a 1 port no. You hook it up to the presure side of the turbo. Have you looked at Rich's site yet? Lots of good info and you need to go through it.

does the msd 6al have a option for me to wire up a knock sensor?

The knock sensor will have nothing to do with the MSD box, it only works with the stock system retard box. They may have an option from MSD so go to their site and see.

ok so all i need is the msd 6al and the little Retard Module Kit, 1,2,3,4,5 Degrees they look like little fuses???

Depending on how old the BTM is. If I remember they used to have a dial unit and you could just click to get the amount of retard you needed. You will need the MSD ignition modual, MSD box, MSD BTM add on. I fyou want a rev limiter you can use the 6A instead of the 6AL and add that as well. The 6A is cheaper but the 6AL has the rev limiter in it already. The rev limiter uses the chips.

my waste gate has 2ports one going to the elbow and the other one going to the back side port where u have the screw driver

what can i do for more power with my 81 regal 3.8 carbed motor

Yes, you can do quite a bit but please start your own thread.:smile: Not trying to spank you.:D Do some searches in the before black section and ask questions. That's how we've gotten Lorenzo going collectively.

Ok, Lorenzo, once again, have you read Rich's website or done some searches on it yet?
beforeblack.com
He has the vac diagrams and how to hook up the actuator, some MSD info, ect. Rich has done a great deal of research and has been nice enough to post it for anyone to read. I think it will answer most of your questions. Are you talking about the one on the end or on the side BTW?:confused:

ok the waste gate has 2 vacports on it one is going to the plenum elbow the other side of the waste gate isgoing to the port next to the egr port this setup suppose to be an 80

ive read the vac diagrams 100 times i went at look at my carb it reads 17080240 when i look at the diagram for that year it shows 3 vac ports on the rear of the carb...mine only has 2 vac ports.. on the 80 vac diagram the waste gate vaccuum goes to the middle vaccum out of the 3 on the back of the carb but i hooked mine upto the port right beside the egr hole where u have the screw driver is this the right spot for the waste gate???

after researching i see that msd doesn't make a ignition that will hook up to a knock system they use a vaccuum to retard the timing automatically..the damn turbo control center is like a very very very rare piece and one of a kind. I also seen some knock sensor controllers that dont do much but just indicates when a knock occurs but doesn't retard the timing...it just i guess warns you when u have a knock to let off the gas or something..but i figure by then i would of damaged the engine...

http://www.msdpower.com/download/5462.pdf
These are the directions to use it but there is one minor problem. You need to put a remote coil on it. The easy soluting is to get a coil from a 75-77 Vega and the cap is off a 75 6 cyl truck. Look at the diagram on page 4 and I think it will answer your questions and you may have saved me some headaches as well.

update got the downpipe installed I hadtoplace a donut between the waste gate and dp..all i need to do now is install the detent cable....

ok thanks i thought it was universal

In a manner of speaking it is. The mod for the distributor is one I've done before on my old road car. I had a problem with the coil overheating and dying so I needed a better and cooler coil. The first 4 and inline 6 cylinder engines that had HEI had a remotely mounted coil so the caps had tips for 5 or 7 wires. You can also use the MSD(?) cap adapter. It takes the place of the coil so you can use a remotely mounted coil. By doing this you can run the MSD BTM and just hook it in through the wires as per directions. Not a bad idea and I'm thinking about trying to use it in my 83.
On a different note I'm waiting to see how well your car runs.:biggrin: :eek: I hope you SMOKE the tires off of it.:D Glad to hear you got the pipe installed FINALLY!!LOL Just yankin your chain.:rolleyes: :biggrin:

This thread makes me want to go drag my T-Type home and go through it. I was thinking about parting it out, but still not sure. It has the MSD 6A with an MSD BTM and always ran great. I don't remember exactly how it's setup though.