Which route should I go

Is that flywheel cracked have u checked that out my car made a similar knock @ idle,when car was put in gear knock went away.Turned out to be the flywheel cracked right where it bolts up to the crank.Just a thought

that could be it about a couple of months ago the starter cracked it could of damaged the flywheel...im going to the muffler shop as soon as i find a friend to trail me. I was thinking of cutting off the cat myself since im in MS and its legit and maybe it would save me a few dollars

that could be it about a couple of months ago the starter cracked it could of damaged the flywheel...im going to the muffler shop as soon as i find a friend to trail me. I was thinking of cutting off the cat myself since im in MS and its legit and maybe it would save me a few dollars

can someone tell me what a timing dampner is and is required?

I'm going to the muffler shop as soon as i find a friend to trail me. I was thinking of cutting off the cat myself since im in MS and its legit and maybe it would save me a few dollars

Don't remove it, gut it. Take the pipe off the flange at the back, use a hammer and a long rod and break up the guts. A muffler shop can't work on it if the cat is missing. I'ts a 10k fine if they get caught.:eek: And yes, they do get caught. Then go to the muffler shop and go from the cat back or but the Pypes system from summit. It's stainless and not a bad price for the quality.

can someone tell me what a timing dampner is and is required?

The only timing dampner I can think of is the timing chain tensioner. The Harmonic balancer is also called a dampner as well.

update:drive the grand prix to the muffler shop and got the exhaust connected...driving it there was actually fun i floored it from a dead stop and she got up to 75 mph before the turbo i took a while..im pretty pleased after the exhaust work its pretty quiet not as loud as it was...but i do have another problem transmission fluid leaks out of the dipstick i think i may need a new one since this one its not sealing right..i also solved another problem when i was hainvg strange idle issues the damn idle screw was loose and uinscrewing under heavy throttle so i took the screw off my old carb and that solved the problem....the knock sensor is still on the way and should come soon..i hope i didnt mess anything up by driving without it but i made sure not to make it knock...also i forgot to put the timing tensioner on but forget it dont have time to go back in since i started working so im just going to drive it to it breaks