which is the reason my maf is 255 @ wot now

charlloots

SMO-CUM
hey everybody,
the reason i ask is my maf numbers never went over 234. i recently changed my injectors 009 and chip turbotweak but i also took my cold air kit off and put the filter under the hood with a custom canister and a small peice of 4in hardpipe to the maf with a 3in hard pipe to the turbo.. is it the new chip or is it because theres less restiction to the turbo that iam now getting 255 at wot i read that some cars never see 255 @ wot i really dont feel like putting the cold air kit back on all other numbers are good car loves this cold weather ats didnt go over 51 with this set up at 34 degrees outside with the fan off ideling at a stop sign car temp was 200 degrees this is after driving the car around 45 minutes so it could learn erics chip. what a great chip it is
thanks

Holy run on sentence Batman!

Jesus Christ, throw a period in there every so often!:D

I would wager the unrestricted intake opening might be the cause, but I've been wrong before.

probly because of Erics chip but not because it locks at 255

but because its unning better making more power and more power requires more air so your finally making enough power to peg the meter

I take it your motor is bone stock?

with built up motors its very easy to hit 255

It takes few mods to hit 255. As already said, the combination of items added have put you there, and likely the better chip was the major contributor.

Yor MAF is not messed up. What you did is good, and the higher MAF numbers are proving that. I still run the stock MAF, and I can make it hit 255 from stop light to stop light.

GOOD JOB YOU ARE MAKING MORE POWER:D

Charlloots
Do you still have a stock thermostat in your TR? Do you have some type of manual fan cut off switch also? Your fan shouldn't be off w/ Eric's chip if the water temp is 200. You might rethink your cold air setup as that 16 degree rise will only get higher when spring/summer comes around so 90 degrees will be getting you 106+ intake temps.
Just a thought.

Hi Charles,

In the chip, I do "help" it get to 255 if it doesn't want to get there on it's own. Everything is good there, that's exactly what it should do.

For the fan, it is set to come on at about 166 degrees. If it's not coming on, it may be time to look at the electrical side of things.

Regards,
Eric

hey everybody,
the reason i disconected the fan so the car would come up to operating temps.the fan works fine with your chip eric , with the fan connected the car dont go over170 it was very cold out34 degrees maybe.it should see even better ats numbers with the fan connected .this is a monster canister i can e-mail pics. the car is mostly stock except for the champion irons with matching intake,atr headers,208 cam,te-60,atr 3in dp and 3in straight pipe and hooker exhaust. with erics chip and 009,s thats stock isnt it :rolleyes: also i am easiy seeing 18 lbs of boost with the new chip, and better throttle response with the filter under the hood.

with the fan connected the car dont go over170
If it has a 160 thermostat, that's where it is supposed to stop. Why do you think it should get hotter? If you want more heat in winter, maybe you want to use a 180 T-stat, but make sure Eric's chip supports that.

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
Hi Charles,

In the chip, I do "help" it get to 255 if it doesn't want to get there on it's own. Everything is good there, that's exactly what it should do.

For the fan, it is set to come on at about 166 degrees. If it's not coming on, it may be time to look at the electrical side of things.

Regards,
Eric

hey eric,
the fan works fine with the chip.as a matter a fact the car has new life. it never idled this good and runs strong .the ecm learned the chip wright away. once i got the iac 20, tps .44 ,4.78 @wot.
it was a little rich blm was 126 .turned the fuel psi down a notch took it back out blm went to 128.left it alone
it is a great chip i would recommend it to anybody

Originally posted by Ormand
If it has a 160 thermostat, that's where it is supposed to stop. Why do you think it should get hotter? If you want more heat in winter, maybe you want to use a 180 T-stat, but make sure Eric's chip supports that.

yes it is a 160 thermo i new it would not get any hotter the car had been sitting. it was cold out i wanted all fluids warmed to operrating temps. i know 160 is operating temps but on a 30 degree day i felt the car wasnt gonna get hot enough to learn the chip.