Which injectors with at TA-49 turbo

B

BTTB87GN

I have the TA49 installed and have been hearing different opinions on which injectors to install. Some say 008 and others say 009. I haven't picked a chip yet, either... any suggestions would be appreciated.

36 to 50#....all will work-bigger cost more.

No problems going 11.6 or so with 36# injectors.

If the car is 90% street and the longblock is still stock, 36# bluetops are the best match. Great on the street and simple to tune at the track.

If you port the heads, etc, go bigger.

Get the 50's cause they'll be good up until the high 10's and this way you won't have to buy twice like some have. 50lb injectors are the best and biggest for a street driven car IMO.

My car was absolutely the most fun with TA-49 & Blue Tops (nothing broke) 11.7's will beat just about everything with doors that still open, let alone anything that drives to the track!

I have a set of 2,500 mile 36's with a race and street chip that I am selling if you are intrested.
Matt:cool:

Originally posted by NoNos38
I have a set of 2,500 mile 36's with a race and street chip that I am selling if you are intrested.
Hey matt...If bttb87gn isnt interested..let me know how much you want for the injectors and chips...TIA...Shawn

Originally posted by NoNos38

You have mail....:)

blue tops took my car 11.70 I decided that wasn't good enough, and moved up to 72's and a DFI. But my sugestion is 50's they are a bit pricey but will go anywhere a stock black can reliably go. Plus they are real easy to tune.

PS stay away from 009's I played with them on my Typhoon and the low pulse width is hell to tune (from1ms to 2.5ms they jump drop jump again and then then level out). 50's are as flat as a table top and easy to tune.

If ordreing 50's call precision joe will make sure you have a 'matched' set it matters!!

Originally posted by Turbo 6 Justin
PS stay away from 009's I played with them on my Typhoon and the low pulse width is hell to tune (from1ms to 2.5ms they jump drop jump again and then then level out).
Those were my #1 choice for when I get new injectors and a turbo (49 or 44). Does anyone else agree with the above statement?

I've never seen so many people suggest 36'ers, but I will now consider them. High 11's sounds good to me, and I hardly see the track, but we all know how addicting speed is. Do you notice any change in gas mileage with the 36's?

Like I said before the 50's are the best IMO cause the 36's are too small and the 009's (42.5lb) injectors are hard to tune and the 50's will be good for 600hp or high 10's and I've seen them go 10.60's. :) After you run a mid 11 and want to go faster you'll have to buy again with the 36's like Justin mentioned so do yourself a favor and buy once.

I vote for the 50's (spend once). I had blue tops with my TA-49 and I had to run them at 52# static when I installed the CAS V-4. Without the CAS, the blue tops were fine.

009s are great injectors and work very well. The problem lies in the chip maker not the injector.

I agree with Woody that a 49 with 36# bluetops (same as the ACCel 36# injector and ported heads is about as close to perfection as it gets. My car has never been so much fun since I moved on up.

Sure, we all say, get 50# injectors, but few really need them. They are good injectors and ever Tom, ****, and probably Harriet, can burn a chip for them but they are expensive. Realistically, how many of us actually run tens? Far more of us talk about it than do it. If you are going to run tens, why buy a 49?

50s and Emission Tests

For those of us who are subject to smog tests, are the bigger injectors a problem? What's the experience? I passed (in April) with flying colors running 30lb green stripes, and the stock chip. Thrasher, I think, can provide a "test" chip for blue tops. Bigger injectors and matching chips- what's the trick?

TA49C

I ran Blue Tops and a 49C with no problems. I then ran 50lb with no problems either. I've since moved to a PT54.
Good luck, just enjoy and keep notes at the track.

Steve, I just think eventually if he decided to go with a bigger turbo, heads, cam, etc., the 50's would be better to supprot the combo, but if he's gonna run a 49 turbo and never go faster than mid 11's the 36's and Thrasher chips are a great combo. UNGN, runs that combo if I'm not mistaken (TA49 turbo and 36's with Thrasher chips) with a stock D5 converter he's running mid 11's @118mph also with a stock big neck intercooler!!! Just goes to show how fast these cars can be with a simple combo :)

Let me jump on the 36# bluetop bandwagon, I have run these injectors for over 8 years with both a 49 and a 51, CAS V4 and free flowing exhaust and they will give you great drivablity and plenty of fuel for low 12's and high 11's.

Originally posted by 86brick
Steve, I just think eventually if he decided to go with a bigger turbo, heads, cam, etc., the 50's would be better to supprot the combo, but if he's gonna run a 49 turbo and never go faster than mid 11's the 36's and Thrasher chips are a great combo. UNGN, runs that combo if I'm not mistaken (TA49 turbo and 36's with Thrasher chips) with a stock D5 converter he's running mid 11's @118mph also with a stock big neck intercooler!!! Just goes to show how fast these cars can be with a simple combo :)

I cannot argue with that logic..except few of us go that quick and they cost more. :)

I am the poster child for injectors....have run 36, 40,42.5, 50, and 75s.

On of my cars currently has 50s, TE44,ported heads, and alky. It ran just as well on 40s as it does with 50s but I took the 50s out of my GN when I went to 75s so, being it is so simple to swap, I put the 50s in.

That car is a lot more fun than my GN with the kitchen sink under the hood and the 75s.

For cars that run 90% on the street, there is not much out there on street tires that will out run a 49/36s, especially if you add alky.