Which AFPR Kirban's or Accufab?

josh young

I've decided to go with one of the two either kirbans or accufab. I've read good and bad on both. Who runs what? I've always thought accufab was top line? Am I wrong? Thanks guys.

Just read something a knowledgeable member was talking about this subject think it was @turbo89, maybe he can enlighten u further..

I prefer the Kirbans AFPR it's easy to service if it ever needs it. Well built unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided to go with one of the two either kirbans or accufab. I've read good and bad on both. Who runs what? I've always thought accufab was top line? Am I wrong? Thanks guys.

They both are good regulators .. the Accufab needs a simple check to ensure the port hole opening is free and clear of machining debris .. other than that the functionality is the same. Other than the color ( Black vs Aluminum) no glaring difference

I've used plenty of each .. performance wise .. the same

One day I saw powerlogger logs of a Kirbin .vs an Accufab on the same car. The Kirbins performed nice and smooth and the Accufab was choppy and all over the place and incosistant as hell. After send it back twice, I believe, with no changed, the Kirbins was put back on and went back to working as normal.

The Accufab wouldn't hold pressure after key off and the Kirbins would for what that's worth.

After seeing the logs with my own two eyes, I took the Accufab apart with my own two hands..... The first thing out of my mouth was "I don't see any way this could fucking work the way it's supposed to". Then after a little while I said ''Perhaps after a long time, the steel ball would pound it's way into the 45* aluminium bevel and make a sealing surface that would seal... but that's only if the ball was perfectaly spherical... which it's not."

Needless to say If I ever buy another FPR, it won't be an Accufab.

You know, for what it's worth :)

That was Jerryl and me. It's in Jerryl's post. You can search fuel regulators by Jerryl. I posted the fuel logs of 3 regulators. The best regulator actually was a Bosch 237 for being accurate and smooth. The Accuflub is full of issues that Jerryl has carefully explained with pictures. Maybe at one time they were better made, not now. I'm running a Kirbans...

Had an Accufab diaphram go on me. Rail wouldn't hold pressure. Went to check fp with vac line off and fuel comes shooting out when I primed the pump. Don't know when the previous owner installed it, might have been old age. Went to Kirbans and have had no problems since. Another small difference, the Kirban flange seems to be same thickness, or only slightly thicker, than the stock 233. The Accufab was a bit thicker, the two bolts I had would just barely grab the threads.

One day I saw powerlogger logs of a Kirbin .vs an Accufab on the same car. The Kirbins performed nice and smooth and the Accufab was choppy and all over the place and incosistant as hell. After send it back twice, I believe, with no changed, the Kirbins was put back on and went back to working as normal.

The Accufab wouldn't hold pressure after key off and the Kirbins would for what that's worth.

After seeing the logs with my own two eyes, I took the Accufab apart with my own two hands..... The first thing out of my mouth was "I don't see any way this could fucking work the way it's supposed to". Then after a little while I said ''Perhaps after a long time, the steel ball would pound it's way into the 45* aluminium bevel and make a sealing surface that would seal... but that's only if the ball was perfectaly spherical... which it's not."

Needless to say If I ever buy another FPR, it won't be an Accufab.

You know, for what it's worth :)
Yeah Earl i still have that accufub NIB... knock 50 cents off the mic's you can have it...:ROFLMAO:

^^^^^^^
Only problem with that is they will look at it...as funny as it sounds... if i did business like that i wouldn't have any.... I think they need to man up.

That was Jerryl and me. It's in Jerryl's post. You can search fuel regulators by Jerryl. I posted the fuel logs of 3 regulators. The best regulator actually was a Bosch 237 for being accurate and smooth. The Accuflub is full of issues that Jerryl has carefully explained with pictures. Maybe at one time they were better made, not now. I'm running a Kirbans...

on the new ones .. I haven't seen this .. on the older ones .. they were more prone ...

I've seen machining leftovers in the Kirbans as well.. that's why I open every one up regardless of who makes it ..

The only ones I've seen that were always clean were the aeromotive.

It wasn't just debris left from machining. The check ball was bad, the spring was wrong and the milling was atrocious. The fitting for the vacuum line even leaked. They just don't give a damn.

I ordered a unit from Kirban's today guys, just too much bad about the accufab. Thanks for the replies guys.

^^^^^^^
Only problem with that is they will look at it...as funny as it sounds... if i did business like that i wouldn't have any.... I think they need to man up.

Speaking of that, one of my boys in LaGrange needs gutters. I told him I know a guy :)

The freakin bees have drilled up my fascia boards to the point I have to replace them again so I got to take care

...you heading down this direction anytime soon? :)

Last edited:
I've had an Accufab on one car for 28 years no issues.

Have an Accufab also on my daily driver GN that's been on 13 years no issues....

Think you'd be disappointed with a new one.

Might be worth noting for the e85 guys the anodized finish on the accufab could be a plus for corrosion resistance