Which 12" Baer Brake system is Bolt on (no spindle, No UCA)?

5ltretr

Looking for a bolt on 12" kit that I dont have to change much..

Anyone know which system how much it cost and where to get it?

thanks!

Hello,

We offer a variety of systems built on the stock spindles that do not require the tubular upper control arms. All systems on the stock spindle include spindles due to the fact the spindles needs to be modified to mount the brake. The system is simple to install due to the fact we will pre-assemble the brake system on the spindle, so when you get it, it is ready to hang on the vehicle.

Systems come complete with spindles, aluminum hubs, aluminum calipers, rotors, braided brake hoses and brake pads. These work with the factory master cylinder (powermaster or booster)

You can order this system through a number of TR venders some off the top of my head are Cottons Performance, Conley Performance and ANS.

Hope that helps!

The Baer system is one of the few that doesn't need B-body spindles (and new upper control arms),

Note that chrome GN wheels will work with NO 12" brake system, but the T-type wheels will work with most.

Thanks Guys,

Do you know the part numbers /model for the Baers (no spin, uca)??? and rough ballpark cost?

thanks

Roughly $1200 for zinc washed thicker rotor 12" system.

Call Jack Cotton for the details.

They make a cheaper 12" system with thinner rotor I believe.

After the swap you send them back your stock spindles as a core.

I'd recommend new ball joints since you have to pop them to install the new spindles, might as well rebuild the front end if you have a lot of miles on the car.

Fronts work great on my GN, rears to be installed this spring. :)

Yeaaa my whole front end is shot, thats why I want to upgrade the brakes also. Do everything at once....

thanks
I will call some vendors to get pricing..

who's system are you describing?

WHITE T -
in your post you said "we offer...." who is "we"? :D Is there a website I can visit to view and order parts?

Thanks,
Rob Pinkston
Dallas, Tx

Originally posted by UNGN
The Baer system is one of the few that doesn't need B-body spindles (and new upper control arms),

Note that chrome GN wheels will work with NO 12" brake system, but the T-type wheels will work with most.

Actully i have 12 inch 1LE rotors on my 15 inch wheels and they fit fine.

Originally posted by Trbobuick
Actully i have 12 inch 1LE rotors on my 15 inch wheels and they fit fine.

15" Steel GN Wheels? Are you using a 3/4" spacer?

call Power Brake Service, Baer sends us customers all the time, I would need to check, but im pretty sure that it wont take much fabrication. (800) 504 - 1060

On welds. But the point is that all of my brake hardware, the 1LE rotors, the b body spindles, the f car calipers were all designed for a stock 15 inch wheel.

$1200?

Salvage, are you sure about that price? For that money, you would easily be able to replace the upper "A" arms, and put on the taller spindles. 5ltretr was looking for the least cost way to do this, without changing suspension.

Yup I'm sure.

No changing A arms needed with what I quoted.

There is one cheaper kit for the fronts as well. .85" rotor I believe. Not sure what that one costs.

Optional zinc washing and slotted rotors is about $100 more so $1100 is the price of the kit without those options.

There is no changing suspension with the Baer kit but you do have to replace the spindles which are a bolt in already built up deal from Baer, yours become a core that you return to them.

Lots of options with the Baer stuff so pricing it out is difficult unless you go to their website and pick your kit with options and then call a vendor.

Thanks all,

I'm going the cheap way :D , B-body spindles and 1le rotors

11 55/64 inches , not quite 12" but almost.

Not planning on getting them anytime soon, but do the Baers fit with the Classic Industries GTA front (GNX style) wheels?

Bring one to Englishtown this year and we'll find out. :D

I dunno those wheels cost too much for me to use. ;)

I do like good brakes however.

AR-23's fit, $99 each. :cool: