Where to vacation in florida

scot502

87 GN 49,000 MILES
LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE TO TAKE FAMILY FOR BEACH FUN WOULD LIKE TO GO SNORKEL AND HAVE FUN WITH MY 10YR OLD:cool:

Do you want to be surrounded by a million people or go somewhere secluded?

For snorkeling, I'm told nothing beats the Keys...

For a nice quiet beach check out Sanibel Island or Captiva Island...

For loud beaches, everywhere else...;)

Check out Wakulla Springs and then head for Floridas west coast like Crystal River etc.

When, now? Pretty cold water just about anywhere in FL right now. We used to go to Fort Walton - Destin area, but that's become just too crowded for our taste. Key West has nice water, but cr@ppy beaches (coral)...

As stated the Keys are awesome and Captiva/Sanibel on the Gulf are beautiful and they were all quiet places.

As stated the Keys are awesome and Captiva/Sanibel on the Gulf are beautiful and they were all quiet places.

We are in Orlando/Kissimmee right now beating the heat this year....

Went to Cocoa Beach Yesterday, water was chilly but still very tollerable...

Have you been to ron jons yet coco beach is a nice beach but we already did that.

Well if what you want is quiet family time and peaceful surroundings, with a hint of local flavor and friendly folks..... Panama City Beach is NOT where you want to be.
This place is a nuthouse in July!

Spring break is even worse. I have to deal with sleazy kids, loud surroundings and drunken humiliation.
Of course thats just the people I work with. The college kids are bad too.

I'd recommend the Orange Beach to Pensacola area. I don't know about snorkeling, but the beaches are super, and the Naval Aviation Museum is not to be missed. The museum is worth the trip by itself, and I guarantee that your kids and yourself, as a fellow gearhead, will be knocked out by the exhibits. Everything from the earliest naval planes to the space program, and everything in between. Counterman.

I'd agree with counterman, having lived in that area for a few years thats the best place in the gulf coast area. Been to the Naval Aviation a few times myself and its quite a sight. A large area of the beach at Orange Beach and Perdido Key is also state owned and protected so you can soak up the beach without some big ass condo looking over your shoulder.