Where to get rubber fuel lines coming off sender...

NicksTurbo6

I pulled my tank to install a new fuel pump and wiring from Racetronix. While disconnecting the rubber lines that come off the sender to the metal lines, the feed and return got damaged. What can I use to replace them? They seem to be formed to fit the car. Could I just buy generic hi pressure fuel hose and replace them? Does anyone sell OEM replacement fuel hoses?

Nick

Thanks aminga. I'm checking with a few vendors and nobody has replacements. They are recommending what you just told me.

Nick

Make sure you do as Aminga said...fuel injector hoses, not the regular type. Should have fuel injection or something like that printed on the hose....take the piece you need to the store to match it up to what you want..Correct me if I'm correct, but I think there are three different size hoses, but don't hold me to that...it's late and I can't remember right now.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce Urie, there are 3 different size hoses. My local Auto Zone only had one of the sizes. I asked if it was high pressure fuel injection hose, and he said "yes, it's fuel hose". I said no thanks and left. There should be something on it that says its high pressure fuel hose. I have some Earls steel braided line at home in -4 and -6 sizes, wonder if thats OK to use?

Nick

Hot Rod Jan. 2011 had an article on fuel injection hose. They said it must be labeled J30R9, J30R12, or the best is PTFE based. I think I searched O'reilly's site with those numbers and they do come up. I'll probably be replacing mine this spring when I do my fuel lines so I would be interested in your findings. I wasn't aware there were three different sizes. Reminds me of the vacuum hoses on top the throttle body. Thanks.

Jack- do you carry the three different sizes that Nick referred to? Or do they all have the same id?

I will look into all of the R9 sizes and perhaps load them in the web store.
Right now there is only 5/16" in R9. The other two look like 1/4" and 3/8".

I pulled my tank to install a new fuel pump and wiring from Racetronix. While disconnecting the rubber lines that come off the sender to the metal lines, the feed and return got damaged. What can I use to replace them? They seem to be formed to fit the car. Could I just buy generic hi pressure fuel hose and replace them? Does anyone sell OEM replacement fuel hoses?

Nick

Hello Nick,

There are no factory molded hoses available for replacement. You just use the proper bulk fuel hose from a roll and cut to length.

There are three sizes as follows:

3/8" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel supply) - approx. 14 inches in length
5/16" regular fuel/vapor hose (for vapor line) - approx 12 inches in length
1/4" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel return) - approx 11 inches in length

If you have no luck obtaining these hoses elsewhere, let us know. We have sets of all three correct hoses already cut to exact installation length.

Glen

OK, I got the hoses this morning. The hose is made by Goodyear, and is labeled as "fuel injection hose" and does have the code J30R9 on it. The parts guy miced the hoses to verify the sizes. Like Glen stated, they are: 3/8 feed, 5/16 vapor, and 1/4 return.

GNRick: thanks for the info you posted, I made sure to check the hoses I bought had one of those codes on it.

Glen: How about offering these hoses as a set and listing them on your website? I checked a few vendors for them, and nobody listed them. If they had, I just would have placed the order online.

Thanks again for the help everyone! Hope this thread helps out others looking to replace these hoses...

Nick

Hoses from sender to hard lines

Hello Nick,

There are no factory molded hoses available for replacement. You just use the proper bulk fuel hose from a roll and cut to length.

There are three sizes as follows:

3/8" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel supply) - approx. 14 inches in length
5/16" regular fuel/vapor hose (for vapor line) - approx 12 inches in length
1/4" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel return) - approx 11 inches in length

If you have no luck obtaining these hoses elsewhere, let us know. We have sets of all three correct hoses already cut to exact installation length.

Glen

Had to correct the info on the lengths...

3/8" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel supply) - approx. 15 inches in length
5/16" standard fuel/vapor hose (for vapor line) - approx 10 inches in length
1/4" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel return) - approx 12 inches in length

This set is now up and available on our website.

Here is the link to the hoses... Hoses - Fuel Sender to Hard Lines Set

There is a second picture under this link which clearly shows the SAE designations that you should find on correct hoses.

Glen

3/8" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel supply) - approx. 15 inches in length
1/4" high pressure fuel injection hose (for fuel return) - approx 12 inches in length

There is a second picture under this link which clearly shows the SAE designations that you should find on correct hoses.

Glen
Nice convenience item - way to go Glen! I would have bought a set when the tank and pumps were replaced. Missed out.

On another note - was the TR webcast/radio a success? I missed that too - Looks like a pattern here. Anyway is it archived for podcast or download anywhere?

Thanks for all you do.
Bob

nice Glenn but dont forget about the 3 short rubber hoses above the axle which should also be replaced... if your tank hoses are bad they will be too

Glen

Your the first place I went to when he asked Glen, searching fuel line and just 'fuel' I couldn't find them on your site. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place somehow.

edit- just went back and found them now, did you just add them ?

nice Glenn but dont forget about the 3 short rubber hoses above the axle which should also be replaced... if your tank hoses are bad they will be too
Can you just replace with rubber from the sender to those lines instead of using the 3 metal lines that are in between the rubber lines above the tank?

Can you just replace with rubber from the sender to those lines instead of using the 3 metal lines that are in between the rubber lines above the tank?
I'm thinking of doing this myself with my new sender and pump. not sure on the length yet tho.

Yes, you can eliminate the steel lines.

However I would be sure the replacement lines are also alcohol resistant as most pump gas contains some alcohol.

Yes, you can eliminate the steel lines.

However I would be sure the replacement lines are also alcohol resistant as most pump gas contains some alcohol.
I actually want to go e85 so is there a special rubber hose needed?