Where to find the foam hood pad material

jerod

I saw a GN that had this and the person who made it no longer does. So I wanted to find where he was getting the padding and make my own. It looked so much better in my opinion. It was moldable 1/2" dense foam that would be spray glued on and would form around the hood shape. I would also need the Buick Turbocharged and 6 vinyl stickers. Does anyone here know where this stuff is? I have looked everywhere I can think of online.

The guy that was making these has a white t type.

Quite a while ago I emailed have regarding the pads.
He was sick and stopped making them.

Thanks guys. Going to use the sponge neoprene. Just need to find where to get the stickers now.

i managed to get two of those insulating kits from the guy who made them and before i could get some spare stickers he had to stop selling them , health reasons was one but he also got a letter from GM attorneys because of the stickers ..so that was the end of that
sucks because they look great on my fglass hood and the stickers he was selling were cheap ... like 10bucks

Attachments

• 0803141521c.jpg
    0803141521c.jpg
    911 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
These are in memory of Gonzalo "Gonzo" Duque if I got it right. He made aircraft firewall hood pads & decals like mentioned above. I bought one still in the box never put it on. I think it was $85 shipped.

I have some generic hood pad material at the paint shop for some experiments. Should have some answers soon. Here is the thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/hood-pads-again.416877/

How's Gonzo doing?

Those hoods pads looked great, very functional.

Some local guys had imprinted the letters and logo and even colored them.

Hope he still fighting and winning.