Where to find radiator & heater hoses

KenB 87 TT

So maybe a searched the wrong terms, but not a lot of info easily found.

I've only had the car a short time, and have started replacing "wear" items of unknown age.

Are Turbo Regal hoses difficult to find?
Where have you purchased them. I want to replace all the radiator and heater hoses, so ideally I wouldn't have to piecemeal a set together from several vendors.

the local dealer was not so useful. Is a friendly dealer the way to go? Suggestions as to which dealer, ph no?

Anyone know what hoses are in the 299.00 set from Postons.

Thanks

KenB
87 WE4

Kirban has the heater hoses...he sells them as a kit of all 4 hoses...I believe he also has the 'S' shaped hose...he has the upper and lower rad hoses but the lower one doesn't come with the much needed spring...I would get the rad hoses from one of the discount GM dealers listed on GNTTYPE page or from GMPartsDirect ...

I called my local dealership and too they were't sure what I was talking about. Tell them to get their books out because I was finally able to order new hoses from gm. I ordered upper rad.hose, lower hose, bypass hose, and all the heater hoses. I'm pretty sure they are still available from GM. It took a couple of days to locate the parts but was worth it. I went to a local auto parts store to get these hoses and they said they don't even list them.

1986 Buick Regal T-type

210-205 cam, stock heads, turbo, int. etc.
Dk. Blue Metallic w/tan leather

Thanks, but what of Poston's Kit

Thanks, looks like a friendly dealer it is, 'cept

W/O my calling Poston's anyone know what they're selling for a $299.00 hose set? Much less does anyone have?

And one shameless TTT

Again thanks

KenB
'87 WE4

Just looked in my Postons catalog. The hoses are a high performance silicon. The kit includes upper and lower rad. hoses, S bypass hose, all the heater hoses (3pc.) and a new overflow tank hose. Its says you can get them in Blue also....A little pricey for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1986 Buick Regal T-type
210-205 cam, stock turbo, int, etc.
Dk. Blue Metallic w/tan leather

they are not a vendor or any thing but carquest has them all instock all the time!

that is where i got mine!

Dathan

Not another TTT, need more info

The mechanic working with me has identified two other hoses that I'd like info (pn# ?) on. For a total of NINE hoses.
Johns Performance carries seven (Upr & lwr rad, 4 heater hoses, and S bypass)

One of the heater hoses connects to the valve (name I forgot) then a hose connects to hardline (of which there are two, in parallel running longitudanal along block); that hardline has a tee and form that a hose runs under part of the intake (I'm paraphrasing so please be patient), somewhere here a second short hose has been id'd.

What can anyone tell me of these short hoses of the hardline.

Thanks for all prior and future responses

Ken

One of the Gates brand water hoses that came in the Kirban's kit, did not really want to fit on my '87. Would have kinked the hose too much.

This is the Z-shaped flex hose that connects the cabin heater hard line, back into the water pump's suction side. It is located very near the turbo (potential high heat).

Instead I'd recommend only the GM brand for this hose, #25525228. It fits perfect and is a blue-colored, silicone based hose to withstand the nearby turbo.

List price about $30, about $18 mail order.