Where has the intelligent discussion gone?

I've only been on the forum about 6 months. I come here for knowledge and advice. I have been around my car for 20 years since it was my mothers. She purchased it in 94 with 22k and gave it to me last June with 44k. I loved the car when I started driving but shortly after I bought a S-10 and dropped a 350 sb chevy in it. At 17 years old it was fast, again only 96. Camaros and Mustangs had 150hp. I killed everything at my school. And it was faster than the GN. I would rather drive the truck than the GN. When my mother asked if I wanted the car of course I said yes. She said "you never really liked driving it". The thing is it's the respect for the car and what it means.

I've had 2 Whipple supercharged LS motors. I fabbed a turbo package for another S-10, traditional carbed v8's. It's about the fun of it. I am an ASE master tech and work on everything. I planned on doing the LS swap on my 69 Camaro since I bought it without a usable engine. I heard do it from friends of my age and "Gotta be a big block 4 speed" from anyone over 40.

The thing I hate most on any forum is the "know it alls". One thread a few months back had someone asking a odd questions. It quickly turned into a argument about how parts work. I may not know everything about a turbo Buick , but I am pretty knowledgeable about cars in general. I tried to explain how things work and instantly had 3 "gurus" trash me saying I don't know anything and they got the information right out of the Buick manual. Well, I have the 2 blue vinyl 6" thick Buick manuals too, and the body book, big deal. The information I was giving had nothing to do with buick specs, it's had to do with the physics and theory of how it works, not a torque spec. I even received a PM from another highly respected member stating I was correct and he "was going to chime in" but he didn't want to get involved with the thread because it was already too much of a mess.

If the information is only as good as the person that wants to make themselves heard the loudest, no one is going to want to come here. If you don't know (for sure) the correct information to help - shut up. Bad help only cost people more money and hurts the hobby.

Since I just began my adventure with this car, I hope everything continues to grow with the community of TR's

Scott

glad you came to the dark side .. where it cost twice the money to go just as fast , but your doing it in class with a v6