Where can you buy an ATR rear Sway?

fireberd350

I can't find 'em anywhere. Seems like each vendor has a different model of their own. So far I'm leaning towards Full Throttles 1-3/8" for $160.

Thoughts/Experience with either?

ATR closed their doors about 3 years ago or so, doubtful that you are going to find a real ATR bar, and if you do, it's doubtful that you will know as they weren't identified, I don't think. Mike & Marianne Licht at Full Throttle Speed & Style are probably your best bet. Almost all of the rear sway bars measuring 1 3/8 in dia are probably very close replicas of the original ATR bar. IMHO, it is the best of the bars of it's design. HTH

The Full Throttle bar looks just like the ATR bar.

Remember that a big bar like that will crush the stock lower control arms, so think about aftermarket replacements.

Even boxing the stockers will be marginal, because the bushing shells will wallow out eventually from the in/out load the bar will put on them.

Remember that a big bar like that will crush the stock lower control arms, so think about aftermarket replacements.

Even boxing the stockers will be marginal, because the bushing shells will wallow out eventually from the in/out load the bar will put on them.

Oops, my bad, forgot that part entirely. I am running Global West tubular lower rear control arms, with the good Del-A-Lum bushings at the rear (axle ear location) and the spherical rod end bushings at the front (frame) side. About $325 the pair, but some of the less expensive ones will work just as well, I'm sure. HTH

UMI Uppers and boxed lowers on the way as well.....:D

Thanks for the help

Don't think the ATR style will fit tubular lowers. It needs a flat surface to mount to, I believe. Might have to use something like the HR bar.

Don't think the ATR style will fit tubular lowers. It needs a flat surface to mount to, I believe. Might have to use something like the HR bar.
You are sort of correct, sir, but not entirely. I know what I have for Global West lower control arms, and I had a ATR style 1 3/8 rear sway bar attached, but it had holes drilled slightly off center, so it had to be pulled off until I get a chance to mount the new replacement ATR style 1 3/8 rear sway bar. Check out the TBC-2, which is on my car. Oops, price now $397 a pair or there about.
$327bor so when I bought mine about 3 years ago or so. HTH. I consider these the best on the market, but unfortunately, they are probably the most expensive.

1978-88 Chevell, Grand National, Cutlass, and Century rear tubular control arms.

Get aggressive advertises an ATR sway bar.
GET AGGRESSIVE!!
I'm running an ATR sway bar with Global lowers, which are tubular - works just fine. They have flat mounts for the sway bar welded in.

SU09 ATR REAR SWAY BAR - 1 3/8"
This rear sway bar will really make your car hook and handle. Helps to plant the rear suspension evenly. Hardware included.

STILL AVAILABLE as of 02/18/06

$134.00

You mean that they advised that they had them almost 3 years ago, and their statement hasn't been updated since them. What does that tell you?
Please consider supporting vendors / suppliers that support our hobby by supporting this forum / site

I'm going w/ Mike Light at Full Throttle. Also the control arms I ordered are not tubular, they are boxed...so I shouldn't have any issues at all.

Thanks and yes I always try to buy from a supporting Vendor when I can :)