Where are all the TA aluminum blocks at??

Hey jarredsoon

Did you get the stuck boost puck fixed on the downpipe? :)

You have a beautiful car man. What are those wheels you have on it? I've been looking for awhile now and haven't had much luck finding anything that suits my taste. I found a set on a poster car but the company had no clue what they were. Thanks

I guess it all depends where you are. I've seen about six or seven go together and dyno'ed. I've only seen single turbo motors mind you and they go to around 1000 hp. Beyond that point I think you would be best served to find a cast iron stage 2 block.

You have a beautiful car man. What are those wheels you have on it? I've been looking for awhile now and haven't had much luck finding anything that suits my taste. I found a set on a poster car but the company had no clue what they were. Thanks

Not sure if you are talking to the TA guy or me :).

If you talking to me they are 17" gt sports from intro wheels with blacked out centers:

GT Sport

...................... I've seen about six or seven go together and dyno'ed. I've only seen single turbo motors mind you and they go to around 1000 hp. Beyond that point I think you would be best served to find a cast iron stage 2 block.

I know every one is entitled to their opinion, but comments like this from "experts" about the TA alum block have been around even before they were produced who stated they would not hold up as well as an iron block? :confused:

My "opinion" is that you do not understand why so many pro racers and OEM's are now using blocks made of aluminum and have proven superior to iron blocks in many aspects. :)

The alum block has been built to over 1600 HP as proven on Kenny's engine dyno.

He has broken a few stage II blocks at HP levels less than that.

Well said Nick. The T/A Aluminum block makes cast iron motors obsolete. My next motor will be one.

I guess it all depends where you are. I've seen about six or seven go together and dyno'ed. I've only seen single turbo motors mind you and they go to around 1000 hp. Beyond that point I think you would be best served to find a cast iron stage 2 block.

Kenny is doing my wife's now will make in the area of 8-900hp, and he stated not even tapping what this block can hold. my crank and rods will give out before the block. and its LIGHT

I seen them listed on TA's site just did not know whether they had any or just never updated!
Chris

Thanks dlafont. I was talking about your wheels. I'm not sure what the TA wheels would look like on a '87 GN. :p
Nice car btw. Looks good

I talked to Kenny Duttweiler at the Street car supernationals in Vegas this last November and was looking at their Duttweiler/Gallina GN which was powered by a iron Stage 2 block with stage 2 heads. He told me that he had pushed the iron block combination to 1800hp without any problems. The iron block works just fine for me.

TA street car

Here is my friend's wife car with a TA motor. No cage, first day at the track with it, total street 11.04 @ 136...

[video=youtube;pl3cHZo7MDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3cHZo7MDE[/video]

My El Camino T/A aluminum stage 2 street car

elco stage2.jpg elco stage.jpg

What does the serial number on the block mean (if anything)? Mine says "025703".