Where are all the TA aluminum blocks at??

The OEMs ? ......Oh you mean the Manufactures. lol
Yes many manufactures do in a low power setting. But take a look at the aluminum blocks used in the higher horsepower applications. Oh! You have don't have access to them. Now that is a problem.
The amount of expansion in aluminum in high horsepower racing engines leads to their early demise. The Buick Iron Stage 2 blocks were about the strongest blocks ever produced by GM. The trouble is few remain that aren't terribly beat up. The progressive development of power levels in the Buick V-6 had its fatalities. All engines that follow this tract will. The unforeseen failures of parts that were in and around the blocks lead to this. Parts that were deemed to be more than up to the task in the beginning, but showed not to be, once stressed to the next higher level. The rub with aluminum is to hard of an alloy and it cracks. To soft of alloy and it distorts. It's a never ending battle in that and where an engineering degree only sometimes...... helps. :)

The real question is after throwing good money after bad is. Why wouldn't you go to a V8 for the higher power levels? You have two more cylinders to make that much more power from with lower stress levels? The all Buick thing will only take you so far.

..........................The real question is after throwing good money after bad is. Why wouldn't you go to a V8 for the higher power levels? You have two more cylinders to make that much more power from with lower stress levels? The all Buick thing will only take you so far.

For most of use we love our turbo Buicks, and the V-6 will easily and affordable WILL take us where we want to go! :)

Most of us are satisified with our V-6 and are satisified with the power levels and performance we achieve.

The "car people" that I know are passionate about their brand and model, and that is very true about turbo Buick owners.

Why don't you take your inane rambling to the Lounge where it would be more appropriate than here as you really added nothing to this discussion? :eek:

The real question is after throwing good money after bad is. Why wouldn't you go to a V8 for the higher power levels? You have two more cylinders to make that much more power from with lower stress levels? The all Buick thing will only take you so far.

Cause nothing beats the sound and feel of that Turbo 6 :) If I want a Turbo LsX it will not be in a buick!

Spoken like a true newb, that knows nothing of the power levels achieved by these little motors over the last couple decades. :rolleyes:

804 hp and 810 trq out of my girls aluminum TA block v6 is more than enough for us. I do have a built LS motor in my firehawk but nothing sounds and feels like a turbo 6.

Do the factory motor mounts and front accessories swap over to the TA aluminum block or does it require its own special pieces? I ask because I thought I heard the TA block required special motor mounts and I noticed a lot have what appears to be custom oiling mods??