When going over bumps check engine light comes on and car stalls

gnkid1987

I had this problem that is really weird when I hit a medium bump in the road my check engine light comes on and the car looses engine power then the light will go off and everything is fine I don't know I checked for loose grounds I tried moving wires around while idling and tapping the maf sensor. Any tips would be helpful thank you

Ray

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Look at the positive battery cable and see if it's hitting the header and shorting out when you hit bumps.

I will double check that but the car still has electrical power just stalls out loosing engine power it's weird

Ck the ground on the block comming from the battery.

I was gonna wait untill tomorrow but I had to run to the garage and check it now found the ground wire clean and tight on block. Found the orange wire to be but connected with a large connector saw corrosion inside and gave it a slight tug and it came apart so I hope that is my issue I'm gonna solder I in the morning but thank you all for you responses this forum is the best thank you again guys

that orange wire is the power feed for the ECM.... You probably just found your problem (or at least one of them. LOL)

This could also be a symptom of the MAF going bad. With the car idling, grab a screwdriver and tap on the MAF and see if it stumbles.

My orange wire was rotted through where it connects to the ECM it was a water leak problem from my T Top car. Needed a new ECM and a new pin that was inside the harness. Nothing like driving 70 plus miles per hour hitting a bump and the car dying on you on the highway!!

Lol I hear that I was doing a pull and at 80 at wot and the thing stalled lol

Ok typical Buick fix one thing and other stuff brakes I fixed the orange wire and now the car just cranks no starting the scan master is not reading either I check the ECM fuse and it is good there any other fuses or anything else ?

Keep in mind that orange wire coming from the battery down to that connector is a fuseable link not just a normal wire. This is why it goes bad. Ran into an issue somewhat like yours with a friends car and that's what was bad but I soldered in another fuseable link there.

Where is the link ? On my car there is a red wire off the terminal then it was butt connected to the orange wire ? Is the link supposed to be there ? Did I fry the ECM maybe?

Check engine light does not come on and scan master says 2.1 o. The right hand side then flashes all 8s for a second then goes black. I can't find a bad fuse

Fusable links are on the large starter post. They are fed by the large battery wire coming from the battery.

Ok I spent some time found this. Checked for power to ECM found none. I checked the new connectors installed on the orange wire under the hood and then I had power car ran moved wire car stalled.. My connection was great I replaced the connector and as I was stripping the wire . The orange wire got pulled out of the positive terminal and was all green and corroded which was my problem all along so I need a new positive battery cable. I want to thank all you guys again for helping me out top notch thank you!