When adding another ground to the fuel hanger, Where exactly do you attach it?

I just picked up a fuel Hanger that is in excellent shape.
Anyways
The car already has a Hot wire kit.

Do i need to upgrade the sender's internal and external wiring???
I am going to run a new ground wire from the battery all the way to the sender, Where exactly on the sender do i attach it?
Thanks for your help guys.
David

I ended up upgrading my sending units internal and external wiring. The upgrade has a larger gauge of wire throughout, and more grounds in the sending unit. This will become the next bottleneck in the system after the hot wire.

As for the ground, I ran a 10 gauge wire from the Caspers ground kit/stud on my firewall, to the back of the car. I ran the ground to where the relay bolts in the rear of the car, joining the grounds that come off the relay and sending unit.

Nick

I had to do something similar to a customers car a month ago. I was concerned about the grounds in the car because there had been some creative wiring done to the car prior to me. I had to solder a ground from the MAP sensor to the battery in order to get the Alky system to work properly. I knew going in that there would be ground issues already.

I ended up running a ground wire directly off the battery to the new fuel pump. I had soldered the ground wire to the ground wire coming out of the relay to the fuel tank. The little clip on ground wire. After doing all of that, I still wondered if I should have soldered my new ground to the ground wire coming right out of top of the fuel tank.

Here is some reading on the subject of ground wires and fuel pumps too.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/request-to-racetronix.379776/#post-3048307

.......... After doing all of that, I still wondered if I should have soldered my new ground to the ground wire coming right out of top of the fuel tank..........

That is the method we use anytime an upgrade is needed for an in-tank fuel pump, but we take the ground wire, as well as the power wire, DIRECTLY from the pump. We have seen too many failures of the pins inside the tank at the top of the sending unit, so we eliminate them.

We NEVER ground a critical component like the fuel pump to the chassis or body, the circuit must return to the battery for proper performance.

The body, and especially the chassis or frame, have way too much resistance as compared to a 10 ga. copper wire. :eek:

The theory here is the current will only "flow" as much as the smallest restriction, or greatest resistance, will allow for the path from the battery and return. This is not my theory, but what I have learned from the experts, and then what I have experienced in actual use. :)

i was also thinking about buying this
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=BCWA-G77&eq=
then adding the ground wire from the battery.
I just NEVER want to touch the gas tank again.:(
Where exactly on this set up should i connect the extra ground wire to?? Car side of the black plug?? or on the sender side of the plug? but if on the sender side i would have to put an inline plug in order to this connect the wire if the tanks has to come back down??

.......Where exactly on this set up should i connect the extra ground wire to?? Car side of the black plug?? or on the sender side of the plug? but if on the sender side i would have to put an inline plug in order to this connect the wire if the tanks has to come back down??

Check with Dave, he and I have discussed this. :)

i was also thinking about buying this
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=BCWA-G77&eq=
then adding the ground wire from the battery.
I just NEVER want to touch the gas tank again.:(
Where exactly on this set up should i connect the extra ground wire to?? Car side of the black plug?? or on the sender side of the plug? but if on the sender side i would have to put an inline plug in order to this connect the wire if the tanks has to come back down??

we put one on our 16K mile car. nice upgrade imop. helps since the old connector is getting old.