What's Wrong With This Picture?

Your paranoid... you are looking at unpainted seat tracks. If they had no lube applied over the years they definatly will rust up.

My kids bike sat in the garage with windows closed & got rust on the chrome handlebars.

I've seen that on others.

We had a GN w/ -500 miles that had rusty tracks. All it took was a dehumidifier crapping out in the storage for a while w/o knowledge. It still sold for top $ though. I'd be more concerned w/ the "GNx" and the t-tops, thats what got me. That and the Michael Jackson tape in the tape deck.

My seat tracks looked like that, car has always been in NM, very very little humidity. I painted them when I had them out to be recovered, always bothered me.

Doug,

If there is that much concern pull the door sill plates and take a look under the carpet for rust. Also be sure to look around the T-Top trim pieces with the T-Tops off....that is an area rust loves to hide.

Neither of the 2 Turbo Buicks I have owned had a rusty color like that, nor have any other cars I have seen. Although most have been desert cars their whole lives.

try to wash it

take a drying cloth and either take it to a car wash or use a water hose and run some water in and around the T tops if you think it's got a leak. if it does then it should show up on the seats. just my 02 if your thinking of buying it. it'd be worth the 50 cents to check it out to make sure it doesn't have a leak.