whats would you 10 sec recipe be ?

Slp223

If you were to build a 10 second street turbo Buick today what would you recipe be?

And do some research and reading on here, turbobuicks.com, gnttype.org, and vortexbuicks.com

Depends on your budget, purpose of the car, and how many trips down the track you plan to make.

You can buy the best of the best on a full weight car. Or you can do the bare minimals and lighten the car up a ton to make up for power.

No right or wrong answer here.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

See my sig. for combo. Based on 1/8 mile time, the car should run mid/upper ten's.

That's a rather open ended question. Do you want to crank it up and hit that number once and detune on the street or be able to do it consistantly and repeatedly? On a modest budget: Ported stock heads/intake, mild roller cam kit, 6262, 3in downpipe and exhaust, 3200 converter, built trans with decent clutches and shift kit, stretch SLIC, 60lb injectors/chip, alky or race gas, tubular upper and lower rear control arms, 1in or larger rear sway bar, and sticky DR's.

See my signature for our combo. We've had this for over 11 years and 20,000 miles with no issues. The cam is a 210/210.

There's a cap ton of reciepies. But it will always come down to combo and tune. Also driver. But if you're just building to bench race and say it CAN go 10s then that's easy. Plenty of guys here w 10 second parts running 12s. Check the sigs. Browse through timeslip combo see whose running the number you desire consistently and follow his combo. You can also do leg work and talk to vendors in the know. People that have been doing it. They are not only here to buy parts but to pick their brains. I don't recommend calling these guys asking a million questions and don't buy anything either. Running 10s will also take a couple of dollars. Can be done on the cheap too but how long will it last..

stock crank, rods, pistons, good heads, correct cam, correct converter with a MFS 6265 just ran low 10's this past weekend at around 3600lbs.... Search the recent post by Bison.

I intended for the question to be very open ended. Not looking for a what does it take to run tens kind of question. More of if YOU were building a turbo Buick with the plans of running 10's TODAY how would you do it? If you have a 10 sec car now would you build it exactly the same? Many older builds are made out of parts from companies that are long gone. I know cars I built years ago I would build differently now if I was to do it again. Maybe you would do an ls swap or maybe you would do a way overbuilt combo, or a bare minimum build.

Thank you for your replys

I'm building a 9sec engine and trans and putting a 10sec turbo on it. Should be fast and reliable; not cheap. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it. Bison runs low 10's on a stock shortblock. I run low 11's on a stock shortblock, and do it a lot. Overbuild for what you want if you want it to last. Not everyone is Bison.

In the heat or winter time 10 second pass?
Hits 10.99 once and you'll be happy?
Is there a budget?

Or.. I want it to show up to the track in August.. air down the tires and run 10.50's... then drive it back home.

Radically different combo's and $$$

For mid 11's in the winter a mild setup and some boost.

Once you want 10's.. its really heads, cam, turbo, converter. How deep into the 10's.. there's your $$$ question.