Whats the first thing you did to your grand national

87witttops

Beside the normal maintenance we all did when we got our gn's. What was the first real mod anyone did. First thing I had to do was exhaust. Get some rumble going.

Chip, fuel pump hotwire/fuel pump, AFPR, cold intake, race gas, and a threadded stock wastegate rod. This is what I would do to any TR I just bought. I should have done a scanmaster right away too but my buddy had one I borrowed at first.

we4Mateo said:
Chip, fuel pump hotwire/fuel pump, AFPR, cold intake, race gas, and a threadded stock wastegate rod. This is what I would do to any TR I just bought. I should have done a scanmaster right away too but my buddy had one I borrowed at first.

^^^this. The car went 12.400@107 like this. The Scanmaster wasn't even a sperm in his fathers testicles yet. I used a multimeter to read O2 voltage.

Drove the car off the lot brand new in 1987, stopped at a gas station about a block away from the dealership and put in a Hypertech Stage III chip I had picked up beforehand.

K&N air filter, 160 stat, and a hypertech chip were the first mods done back in 91.

Jumped the fan relay cause the fan wouldn't kick on when driving it home for the first time. Oh and i had to use some small vice grips to connect the ceramic switch to the fan wire where the previous owner would unplug and plug in that connector to the fan and he pulled on it one too many times. GEEZ!

JayC said:
Drove the car off the lot brand new in 1987, stopped at a gas station about a block away from the dealership and put in a Hypertech Stage III chip I had picked up beforehand.

Good ol hyper techs

Compressed the fuel pressure regulator, threaded wastegate rod, gutted the convertor, ran a switch to ground the cooling fan, blocked off coolant to throttle-body, Hypertech Stage III, General 245/60/15 (softest radial of the time), 104 Octane boost
and proceeded to kill all the Mustangs in my area. Also subscribed to anything in print about Turbo Regals. Seriously, the 104 made a difference in my car. Then I learned about Toluene as an additive! God bless ATR!

Red armstrong 93 chip, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 9" K&N air filter & 3 " single shot exhaust......First time on a 1/4 mile track it went 13.03 @ 103 with a 2.oo+ 60ft on some regular old street tires