Whats the first thing you did to your grand national

Drove the car off the lot brand new in 1987, stopped at a gas station about a block away from the dealership and put in a Hypertech Stage III chip I had picked up beforehand.
I like your style....lol :D

November 1986, Smoked the BFG's right off of her, only took a day and a half, in downtown Las Vegas.:D

It's a wonder I'm not still in jail........

Brought an 86 GN in 1990....Spearco Intercooler, compressed fpr, old school cork plenum spacer, Pat Barrett trans (level 10 now) old school dump off turbo into front fender where you have to cut a hole in it ;) And last....heads done by a friend of mine....PAT MUSI :p stock bottom end....BLEW BOTTOM END UP!!!! on my home from Musi's shop :eek: got another stock block and blew that up!!!! :oops: got mad and sold car in 1995.....only to buy 2 more....wh1 and now my 87GN LOL

CPT66 turbo, ALKY, FAST, DP, Metco uppers and lowers, then blew head gasket, then added GN1 aluminums, 218/212 roller, double roller timing chain...then blew head gaskets again. Removed factory engine and trans to store for later use. RPE stroker motor came next with GT-K 850 turbo...lifted the heads twice after this. Melted a head, block, piston and 2 push rods after running in NC last year...it is back together again...for now anyways...I have had more than my share of issues and spent ALOT of money

Bryan

Drove the car off the lot brand new in 1987, stopped at a gas station about a block away from the dealership and put in a Hypertech Stage III chip I had picked up beforehand.
Yep, the chip. My first purchase was a "kit" of chips, from a company called Chips R Us, for $199.95. Ten different chips including the Hypertech. This was in 1986 and was the original basis of the Ultrachip thumbwheel chip. Wow how time flies!

CPT66 turbo, ALKY, FAST, DP, Metco uppers and lowers, then blew head gasket, then added GN1 aluminums, 218/212 roller, double roller timing chain...then blew head gaskets again. Removed factory engine and trans to store for later use. RPE stroker motor came next with GT-K 850 turbo...lifted the heads twice after this. Melted a head, block, piston and 2 push rods after running in NC last year...it is back together again...for now anyways...I have had more than my share of issues and spent ALOT of money

Bryan
Good thing ya work all that overtime, eh?

I pulled out of the parking lot sideways smoked the back tires to nothing and drove to get new tires on. Then I put a k and n filter on a scan master and a new chip. Though my car already had hooker exhaust hotwired 340 fuel pump 3" dp and an upgraded turbo. It did have an open filter on it it was just very dirty.

don't remember the first thing i did , but the last thing is going to be buying a FOR SALE sign

Drove it home from dealer and smashed the FP regulator and drilled a new hole in the wastegate actuator to make it tighter. Then gutted the cat. We were pretty high tech then
Mike

Embarrassed a Mustang pretty much off the dealer's lot. Decided I could just leave it as it is for a while......

New set of rear tires within a week then found out how scary the car was in the rain so roasted the remaining eagles that were on it and bought michelins.

Put all new outside emblems on it....the pieces of trash that stole the car in '01 removed them all.....then bought a set of Torque Thrust IIs for it......to which I owe that decision to our own Mark Hufman here......(did I mispell your name again, Mark?)

Bruce '87 Grand National

160 thermostat, springs, shocks, rear lower arms, rear swaybar, pinion snub, k&n, free flow cat, dual exhaust, Casper chip, hot wire and fuel pump.. So far last things too

hello; I think I went with a rad. stat and air filter then suspension and wheels. From there the normal aftermarket stuff.
IBBY