whats the best GN shop so-cal?

Rigo's 87 GN

just wondering where i can take my block to get machine for some big power? Also what u guys think about atr products? what is the best front mount intercooler?

just wondering where i can take my block to get machine for some big power? Also what u guys think about atr products? what is the best front mount intercooler?

we have many GOOD shops in socal but i wouldnt say the best either....you should give turboluo a call hes a supporting vendor on here....he can build you a b!tch!ng engine....ATR is no longer in business and front mounts well we have a bunch of supporting vendors on here that you can check out....id check with RJC since their products are top notch

Post your location, there are quite a few experts down here. No such thing as best FMIC but i'd vote Cottons or the RJC one.

Turbolou's, ATR is out of business, & RJC's with Cotton's Performance close behind. IMHO.

I think in the SoCal area you can't go wrong with Lou. He has 45 days experience in the automotive industry with 23 days of the 45 dedicated to Turbo Buicks. :tongue:

Turbolou's, ATR is out of business, & RJC's with Cotton's Performance close behind. IMHO.

what do you mean Gary? you think RJC and Cottons are going to go belly up? I hope not. I dont buy anything from them, but then again, I would like them there if I did need something!:redface:

what do you mean Gary? you think RJC and Cottons are going to go belly up? I hope not. I dont buy anything from them, but then again, I would like them there if I did need something!:redface:

no china IC for you then? mine works just fine and is american made haha
o yea you were selling your IC already? did you ever sell it? peace

LOU !! he was super help full when i took the journey down to lake forest

No, definitely not, or not that I know anything about. The OP asked 3 questions, and I entered my personal opinion on all 3 questions.
1) block machined for some big power: answer: lou's
2) what do we think about atr products?: answer: they're closed
3) what is the best front mount intercooler: answer: RJC's with Cotton's close behind it.

I think in the SoCal area you can't go wrong with Lou. He has 45 days experience in the automotive industry with 23 days of the 45 dedicated to Turbo Buicks. :tongue:

Days?:biggrin:
Ur drunk arenchya?:D

Throw my vote in for Lou. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have a freezer full of KILLS!
I did good things for my GN and all the others I've seen him work on are th cats pajamas.

you know what, I sat here for about 20 min. thinking of a reply for you, but didn't want to come off as an a$$hole. So here it is. Your Prius was made in Japan, 85% of everything you buy is made in China, some of the clothes you wear were made in China, India, Central America, etc., your College supplies were made in China, but because you bought an intercooler made in America, your cool??? yeaaahh. Next time you feel you have something to say to me, here's my phone number. 818 808-2634. Jeremy O. Peace?:wink: 142354]No, definitely not, or not that I know anything about. The OP asked 3 questions, and I entered my personal opinion on all 3 questions.
1) block machined for some big power: answer: lou's
2) what do we think about atr products?: answer: they're closed
3) what is the best front mount intercooler: answer: RJC's with Cotton's close behind it.[/QUOTE]

ooohhh, from the way you posted it, it sounded like RJC and cottons were close behind as far as closing shop:D I just mis-read. Thanks for clearing that up Gary. :cool:

and for future reference, I do have a Chinese built intercooler,that I AM selling. It works great, but since I cant run a/c with it(because its in the elky), I'm selling it. The stroker crank that will be going into my new engine, will also be chinese just like 80% of all the other engines around have in them. Does that make it an import engine?

I also agree on RJC and Cottons. I installed an RJC Mega cooler on Al's car when the previous owner owned it, and it fit great and looked even better! I also picked up Cottons prototype Front mount from Turbonetics which was on the stage car my buddy owns, but was crashed shortly after...thats how good it WORKED..!!(I think there's another one in there again) I actually liked the Cottons front mount a little better. It has cat 90deg. elbows with the t-netics emblem on them:D and I know where it was made:) fit perfect, and the welds look crazy! Both quality pieces, made here in the good ole U.S of A.:p Atr made good headers, and Lou builds great engines.

TurboLou in Lake forest, and Hye-Tech performance in La puente, they both will help you with whatever you need and they both are qualified mechanics, also supporting Vendors of this site.

Is This The Intercooler You Speak Of ???????

Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to XxDarkSidexX
Quote:
Originally Posted by need boost View Post
I responded to your pm, I did read , I have seen both parts side by side myself, from what I seen they are NOT the same parts. Buy from someone else if you don't like Brian so much. I am going to get a cold beer and spend some time with the wife. Do the same and be happy. Daniel Ray
dude im not like you, I dont need insults and beer to feel good about myself. not insulting you either, I am just saying. Just like I dont need to lie and cheat to make a buck and feed myself.

both parts? There is a crap load of copied china parts. Not just the IC

I did buy from someone else; I BOUGHT MY IC, AND RADIaTOR and soon EXHAUST from someone else........BRIANS CHINA VENDER! for 1/2 the cost man, duuuhhh why the f do you think im pissed, its The same guy he gets his copied parts from. The same guy, but 1/2 the price, and in some instances, depending on the exact part, MORE then 1/2 the price.

I can't help you to beleive my friend, I can only present to you what I have found out to be true first hand. I am sorry too, how do you think finding this out makes me feel? I am just as much a member of this community as anyone else, it kills me to find out crap like this. it even hurts more the recourse and actions once the truth comes out. I could only dream of how this works in government or places of real power.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

JUST HAPPENED TO STUMBLE UPON THIS:) Hi Mark.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to XxDarkSidexX
Quote:
Originally Posted by need boost View Post
I responded to your pm, I did read , I have seen both parts side by side myself, from what I seen they are NOT the same parts. Buy from someone else if you don't like Brian so much. I am going to get a cold beer and spend some time with the wife. Do the same and be happy. Daniel Ray
dude im not like you, I dont need insults and beer to feel good about myself. not insulting you either, I am just saying. Just like I dont need to lie and cheat to make a buck and feed myself.

both parts? There is a crap load of copied china parts. Not just the IC

I did buy from someone else; I BOUGHT MY IC, AND RADIaTOR and soon EXHAUST from someone else........BRIANS CHINA VENDER! for 1/2 the cost man, duuuhhh why the f do you think im pissed, its The same guy he gets his copied parts from. The same guy, but 1/2 the price, and in some instances, depending on the exact part, MORE then 1/2 the price.

I can't help you to beleive my friend, I can only present to you what I have found out to be true first hand. I am sorry too, how do you think finding this out makes me feel? I am just as much a member of this community as anyone else, it kills me to find out crap like this. it even hurts more the recourse and actions once the truth comes out. I could only dream of how this works in government or places of real power.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

JUST HAPPENED TO STUMBLE UPON THIS:) Hi Mark.
same reason i got banned...the truth was told and the evidence IS only a right click away.....but hey im only a minority on this board so my words have no say

Thanks guys for the referral that's greatly appreciated. The intercoolers that I have used & can recommend, would be PTE, RJC, Spearco,GN-1 perf, & HYE tech its silly any more to bash where its made as most of the manufacturing has been run out of the U.S. Question is does it work. Will the people that sell them back it up. I have found the above mentioned to be credible & will do just that. I think that who ever is left of the suppliers are mostly good dedicated people & the bad ones have moved on to greener pastures. This community takes no prisoners when it comes to bad apples. Do your research ask questions & then make a decision. If nothing else PM our moderators & I think you will get a straight answer as they know exactly whats going on.

was this post sarcasm? because it seems above is a post of you saying you bought a chinese intercooler.
same reason i got banned...the truth was told and the evidence IS only a right click away.....but hey im only a minority on this board so my words have no say
I want to know who this "chinese parts vendor" for 1/2 prices is!!! do you know?

Thanks guys for the referral that's greatly appreciated. The intercoolers that I have used & can recommend, would be PTE, RJC, Spearco,GN-1 perf, & HYE tech its silly any more to bash where its made as most of the manufacturing has been run out of the U.S. Question is does it work. Will the people that sell them back it up. I have found the above mentioned to be credible & will do just that. I think that who ever is left of the suppliers are mostly good dedicated people & the bad ones have moved on to greener pastures. This community takes no prisoners when it comes to bad apples. Do your research ask questions & then make a decision. If nothing else PM our moderators & I think you will get a straight answer as they know exactly whats going on.

Hi Lou.:D

was this post sarcasm? because it seems above is a post of you saying you bought a chinese intercooler.

I want to know who this "chinese parts vendor" for 1/2 prices is!!! do you know?

Hi Lou.:D
This is why I'm not a parts hustler, Bring your own I don't care. If by some chance its made here, it's probably by some foreign born worker anyways.If we aren't exporting jobs were importing workers. Try & build anything over here anymore. All you will get is one obstacle after another by bureaucrats set in the way.In my area it's easier to get welfare than a building permit or business license. If you happen to succeed than your one of those evil corporations that takes advantage of its workers by providing a pay check. Can't win. My job is to fix cars to the best of my ability with what ever is out there to work with & politics be damned.

...My good deed for the year....132 pages of NWS that are NOT from CHINA. Your welcome, and stop your b!tching..... -
Thank God Gary is still on dial-up. By page 5 things get "interesting" :eek:
Biggest Gallery of natural College Chicks
I didn't start that bitching, I finished it. But thanks for the link:eek: :D
This is why I'm not a parts hustler, Bring your own I don't care. If by some chance its made here, it's probably by some foreign born worker anyways.If we aren't exporting jobs were importing workers. Try & build anything over here anymore. All you will get is one obstacle after another by bureaucrats set in the way.In my area it's easier to get welfare than a building permit or business license. If you happen to succeed than your one of those evil corporations that takes advantage of its workers by providing a pay check. Can't win. My job is to fix cars to the best of my ability with what ever is out there to work with & politics be damned.
Amen Lou! Were in the process of being bought out by China anyways. Soon, this will no longer be the U.S.A, it with be the Chinese Republic of America.

Chinese Banks, Chinese parts, and Chinese women:eek:!!