what you locals runing for a PAC kit, should I even worry about it?

volvoman

The Green BEAST
I think I am about to pick up an alky kit. I drive my car to work everyday. So I am looking for long term install. What alky kits are you guys running? Should I really worried about a progressive set up?

Just trying to go faster at the track. :)

Thanks
Chris

I'm running a used SMC single nozzle and love it on the street and track. Adds one more thing to tune, but it's straight forward.

Razor's Progressive Kit seems like the hot ticket. Pricier but it has more capability and features than SMC kit. I like the price of used SMC kits on the market right now. I will probably upgrade to the Progressive someday. I really like the idea of running Methanol injection - cheap and more potent.

For the long term plus a lot of street driving, I would recommend the Progressive Kit.

sounds good

I am going to change the springs out and do some tuning in two weeks in ID. I hope to get this car flying. We are also going to do a intercooler test for temps and back pressure. I am hope everything goes well and I don't break anything. Idaho is 7 hrs from home :p

Nampa, Bosie

Ron, I think I met you at TT this last year. I am going to my brother Johns house to do maga a maga tune. He has a 240 z with a gen and a fiero with a gn. So we are going to dial My car in on fri and go to firebird race way on the 9th for the drags. If you want you can pm your # and I can call you if you want when we go. I sure hope it does not rain though.

Chances are it will not rain, I thought John was going to Vegas this year, could you send me his phone number or give him mine so as he can call me, thanks.

Ron, 208-365-3653

Hey Chris,
We briefly met at TT. I was running Razor's PAC system then, but had many other problems, so I didn't get to REALLY test it.
I recently took my '87 GN to the track in Medford and ran consistent mid to low 12's with a best of 12.2 @ 112 mph.
I'm set up with a TE44, 3"THDP, 36# injectors, Powerplate, 9" K&N, 2,800 stall 12", denatured alky, and a Casper's Thumbwheel chip tweaked for the alky setup.
I was running 23#s of boost w/ 2 gallons of 110 and 6 gallons of 92. Not bad for an engine w/ 152,000 original miles. I hear about people running 25+ #s w/ just pump gas, but I can't get near that w/o more octane. Tired engine w/ lots of carbon build up probably part of the problem.
I think Razor's kit is very nice, and I'm confident that I'll be able to see those higher boost levels after the upcoming overhaul.
You can save a some $ on the kit by buying your own pump from Northern and buying your own hoses. However, the PAC unit is a must in my opinion.

Tim