What would you guys recommend for valve springs?

turbobuick1

I'm doing the head gaskets on my 87 GN and figure I might as well replace the valve springs while I'm there, the car has 70,000 on it. What would you guys recommend? It's a 100% stock motor, stock cam, heads etc.

Also, should I replace the retainers as well?

Appreciate any input or suggestions you might have for the springs or head gasket job, this is my weekend project :)

not sure but i dont think you want more than 100lb ... I would also replace the injectors. my car ran alot better by just changing springs and injectors with a turbo tweak chip.

not sure but i dont think you want more than 100lb ... I would also replace the injectors. my car ran alot better by just changing springs and injectors with a turbo tweak chip.

Yup, I actually replaced my injectors already, they probably only have 10,000 miles on em.

I have seen this posted before,you can use Comp Springs part #980-12

I have heard of using Comp Spring 980-12, has anyone actually installed this on their stock GN?

COMP CAMS 980'S here on my all stock engine.Fastest I ran with stock valve springs and radiator was 12.10.Changed to 980 springs with no cups and a $90.00 f-body radiator and was in the 11.60's.Deff pulled harder up top.This was at 25lbs boost.

I have a set of new valve springs, retainers, keepers from a set of Champion heads. Were removed for roller springs. No miles. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

I have a set of new valve springs, retainers, keepers from a set of Champion heads. Were removed for roller springs. No miles. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

I'm good on those, I just ordered some Comp Cams 980-12 Valve Springs. Thanks to everyone for the information, this is one of the best message boards out there!

I see you got some springs already, but to anyone who is reading this, I have a set of brand new ATR replacements valve springs. I have all the specs for them but they are for a stock setup. price is FREEEEEEE just pay shipping:D

ATR valve springs

I see you got some springs already, but to anyone who is reading this, I have a set of brand new ATR replacements valve springs. I have all the specs for them but they are for a stock setup. price is FREEEEEEE just pay shipping:D

I'll take them.....thanks alot

Shipping to Aston , PA 19014

Let me know the shipping charges when you can.

thx.

dave

Send me a private message with your address and I will ship them, I think I can fit them with some bubble wrap into the USPS flat rate box for $4.95