what would you do??????????

figga8n

heres my dilema i have a 87 gn tops with tons of money invested that i dont even drive. i found a original 65 skylark gs 401 dual carbs 4 speed that i can trade for. on a scale from 1-10 its a 6 cosmetically wise. i just bought a 65 skylark convertible 3 weeks ago it needs tons of work but no big deal. should i sacrifice my gn for the gs?? im leaning 85% towards trading and 15% not to. i know ill never see a gs like this again in my life so im going to do this1 what do you guys think???

You don't say the overall condition of the GN, if it's done and ready to be driven as in completed and nice, I'd say no way.

If it's in the same same shape as the GS then I don't think it would matter much.

Nailheads are nice, but not so fast. :eek: :p :biggrin:

Skylark

Tough one, but a dual quad 401 4 speed? VERY rare car. I'd have to say if all the original parts are there, or at least the hard to find ones are, go for it! You can always find another TR! When is the last time you saw another dual quad 4 spd 401???

thanks for reply

Tough one, but a dual quad 401 4 speed? VERY rare car. I'd have to say if all the original parts are there, or at least the hard to find ones are, go for it! You can always find another TR! When is the last time you saw another dual quad 4 spd 401???

I'm really stuck right now! Ive owned my gn over 10 years it does have a salvage title but I have tons of money invested in this car. The gs has original 401 4 speed and 10 bolt posi. The carbs have been changed to edelbrocks. No major rust on body at all. I've been contemplating since I saw the gs and can't really sleep! I love my gn but the thought of owning this gs is really getting to me. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow and make my decision. Really just need to vent with people who know what both of these cars are.

I'll agree it's a tough call. But I'm sure you also know your GN is worth less with a salvage title. Just putting that out there in the event you were forced to sell. Of course I'm sure the 65 GS is probably more rare than an 87 GN. I say go for it.

I'll agree it's a tough call. But I'm sure you also know your GN is worth less with a salvage title. Just putting that out there in the event you were forced to sell. Of course I'm sure the 65 GS is probably more rare than an 87 GN. I say go for it.

Yes that's another reason I thougt of trading because of the salvage title tho I have alot more money invested than the blue book value of a salvaged gn. Today I'll test drive the gs and make my decision.

The T-Tops would be the reason I'd trade. If you're not in love with the GN, and can't sleep over having the GS: Do you REALLY need Dear Abbey?:rolleyes: