What will 12K buy me?

watevrpal

I have narrowed my search for a muscle car down to a 70 camaro and a 87 GN.

What will 12k in cash buy me, i am looking for a 10 to 11 sec street car that can be driven as a daily driver. Need reliability. Thanks Rick

Take your time my friend, a NICE car can be had for 12k if you turn over enough rocks. This economy is terrible and unfortunately that decreases the value of our cars.

There is a 50k mile 1 Owner WE4 in my hometown that can be bought for 10k I think.

If you want me to get you details and very nice photo's/inspection etc I would be happy to help.

Ty

Matt was kidding on that car it's not his it's a runnning joke right now in this section as JohndeereGN said take your time there are alot of nice cars out ther right now that were more money 8 months ago you should be able to get areal nice car for 10 - 12 k right now

Well i am going to take my time. If it takes months to find one I am willing to wait. Thanks

I don't think $12k is going to buy you either of what you want. Unless you can find someone in a tight bind who is willing to give away their car.

Although right now you could get you a GN for under $12k or even a T type that might be less....doubt they're going to run 10's or 11's....you could make them run that fast, but then you say you also want it to be "reliable"....well as you know, there's no such thing as cheap, fast and reliable....you can only pick 2....it takes money to build a strong car.

Same applies to a 70 Camaro....which seem to bring about the same, if not a little more than a GN, depending on condition. You could go with a 383 stroker/TH350 and a 12 bolt but you still have to reinforce the car if you want to pull 11's....plus you might even have to spin that 383...that wears out the engine quicker.

Remember speed costs money, how fast you wanna go? I'd say get the one you want, then plan on spending a little more to make it live up to your expectations. Just my 2 cents.

I understand fully what you are saying. maybe a 10 sec car for 12 k is too much. But I am going to search for the best car I can for that price. Thanks for the advice

I understand fully what you are saying. maybe a 10 sec car for 12 k is too much. But I am going to search for the best car I can for that price. Thanks for the advice
hey man we are trying to sell our 87 turbo t it only has 43000 original miles looks great excellent condition silver runs 12 flat but the lowest we will take is 12500

If you're really wanting to go 11's and if it doesn't have to be either a 70 Camaro or an 87 GN there's other alternatives that could get you into the 11's for your price. Like maybe someone's old V8 Vega that needs an engine and trans for under a grand; you could build up a nice 400 sbc and TH350 and be in the 11's. Just depends on what you really want.

If you're really wanting to go 11's and if it doesn't have to be either a 70 Camaro or an 87 GN there's other alternatives that could get you into the 11's for your price. Like maybe someone's old V8 Vega that needs an engine and trans for under a grand; you could build up a nice 400 sbc and TH350 and be in the 11's. Just depends on what you really want.
A turbo Regal is the EASIEST car to get in the 11's. Just bolt on's etc.

I have narrowed my search for a muscle car down to a 70 camaro and a 87 GN.

What will 12k in cash buy me, i am looking for a 10 to 11 sec street car that can be driven as a daily driver. Need reliability. Thanks Rick

Where are you located?

I have all the knowlegde I need behind me and I still find a way to blow it up;) :eek: All about your FOOT:biggrin: