what type of oil should i use?

87GNattyKid

Doing the first oil change on my t since I got it on the road a few months ago and I was wondering what you guys thought is the best oil to use? I think the previous owner was using 5w30 but I could be mistaken...also how many quarts does it take? Sorry for noobie questions but I just want to be sure before I run out and buy my oil and filter. Also I have a small oil leak so I wanted to change it so I can stay consistent with the oil in it for if id ever need to top it off

From your signature looks like you have the flat tappet cam set-up (not the roller cam set-up) 5 quarts of good 10-30 wt oil with Kirban's ZDD plus oil supplement. I see you have a remote oil filter kit, Wix 51060 filter.

Chuck

brad penn oil all the way, its green in color and is made in bradford PA, I'm from PA so i buy it its also cheaper than royal purp and it has high levels of zinc and phosphorous so you sony need the kirban stuff...... my mechanic turned me on to it,so i go with what he says is good for flat tappet cams. i think i paid $4.89 a quart, i wound up buying 6quarts just to have a spare.... try it and see the results